17: Christmas shopping

(I know it's not even near December yet but I'm still gonna write this... for fun I guess?)
Y/N: 5 years old (age skip🤡)

Christmas was just coming round the corner, in a few days, but their dorm was still of plain white walls, no decoration, and it was too empty for Christmas.

'Y/N let's go buy something to decorate.' Jihyo said, helping her daughter change into a white sweater and red skirt.

'What do we have to decorate?'

'It's almost Christmas, and without decoration, it's not fun!'

Y/N nodded then jumped off the bed, heading out to put on shoes.

'Can we buy presents?' Y/N asked, jumping up and down.

Jihyo stood and thought for a while. Presents for 9 would be a lot of budget, but since it was the perfect time of the year for gift, she agreed to her daughter's request.

The two went to the car, where Jihyo got on the driver's seat after helping Y/N on her own in the back.

'Eomma where are we going to buy the things?'

'We're going to Lotte. You've never been there so you probably wouldn't know where it is.' Jihyo explained, starting the car and driving out.

Y/N looked out, admiring the different decorations put up in different stores.

'I want a Christmas tree.' Y/N told her mom.

'But it's too big for our home don't you think so?'

'No.'

'Aigoo.. we can find a smaller one how's that?' Jihyo tried reasoning with her. To her relief,
Y/N nodded and continued looking out until they arrived.

Jihyo helped her off the car and held onto her hand, before the two went in the Christmas themed mall.

  'So... what should we buy first...Christmas lights?'

  Y/N nodded, following her mom wherever she was heading as she didn't even have a clue of what to get.

  'Eomma! Wait!' Y/N said, pulling Jihyo into a store full of stuffed toys.

  'This is for Eomma Bunny.' Y/N said, carefully taking a bunny stuffed toy off the shelf, placing it on Jihyo's hand.

  'But Eomma bunny has a lot of bunny toys!' Jihyo said.

  'Ani. She needs more. And then this one,' Y/N said, pulling a raccoon plush as well as a tiger plush. 'For Momo Eomma and Chaengie Eomma.'

  'Aww that's so cute!! Let's get these three first.' Jihyo said, rushing to the cashier.

  'Wait Eomma! Jeongyeon Eomma said Mina Eomma looks like this.' Y/N said, struggling to pull a penguin plush out of the shelf.

  'You want to get this for Mina Eomma?' Jihyo asked, helping her take it off the shelf. Y/N nodded.

  'Then let's get these first. We can get the others after we buy the decoration.'

  After Jihyo got the bag full of stuffed toys, the two went around the mall to get lots of stuff, including decoration lights and wall banners.

  'Ok Y/N Eomma will go back to the car to put stuff down first, can you wait here for Eomma?' Jihyo said, pulling her daughter to a corner, visible from her car.

  'Ani Eomma I want to go with you. What if someone kidnaps me?'

  'Aigoo arasseo. Let's go.' Jihyo said, walking to the car next to her daughter.

  'Ok decorations done. Let's get presents.' Jihyo said, locking the car once again and carrying her daughter, who was begging to he carried.

  'Eomma! Lego shop! Jeongyeon Eomma has a lot!' Y/N exclaimed, pointing at a Lego shop next to them.

  'Dae we should get one for Jeongyeon Eomma right Y/N?'

  And they ended up buying three small boxes for Jeongyeon, letting her add to her mini collection in the dorm.

  'Y/N choose Eomma a present.' Jihyo said, hoping Y/N would give her one too.

  'This!' Y/N said, picking up a Thomas train set in the toy shop.

  'Why? Eomma doesn't like that..'

  'But Eomma, you look like this. See? It's eyes  are exactly the same as yours!' Y/N said, holding the train next to Jihyo for comparison.

  'Aish even you think so, huh? Does Eomma really look like that huh?' Jihyo said, tickling her daughter's neck while putting the train back.

  'Then what do you want Eomma?'

  'I don't know... something pretty!' Jihyo said, walking to the store next door.

  'This one.' Y/N said, picking a snow globe.

  'Really? I'll hold that it's dangerous.' Jihyo said, excited.

  'Yes it's for Eomma. And then this one, for Sana Eomma. She has lots of things with this dog.' Y/N said, picking another snow globe, this time with a shiba inu inside.

  'Arasseo. It's expensive but since it's your choice.' Jihyo said, ruffling her daughter's hair.

  'How about Dahyun Eomma and Tzuyu Eomma? What are you going to give them?' Jihyo said, taking her daughter to a clothing store. 'Let's buy some clothes for them shall we?'

  Y/N nodded and looked around, crouching down at shoes and jumping up to see the shirts.

  Y/N giggled as she took a Yoda shirt off the rack, handing it to Jihyo.

  'Eomma bunny showed me a video with Tzuyu Eomma looking like this thing!' Y/N said, laughing out loud.

  'Dae we'll get this.' Jihyo said, stifling a laughter then paying for it first.

  'I don't want to buy clothes for Dahyun Eomma.' Y/N said, walking out of the store while Jihyo arranged the bags she was holding.

  'Eomma! Eomma! This is for Dahyun Eomma!' Y/N said, pointing at an eagle standee behind the glass. 'Dahyun Eomma did something like that! Eomma bunny showed me!'

  Jihyo requested the shop owner to let her have a look, then decided to buy it as it actually was just a plastic standee eagle.

The also got a small sized Christmas tree after putting the toys in the car.

  'I think we got everything now... let's go home.'

  Y/N was whining for her mom to carry her again, but this time, Jihyo immediately shook her head, as she has lots of items to hold.

  'Eommas are going to like it so much.' Jihyo told Y/N, while Y/N was jumping towards their car.