33 : Nayeon

Y/N ran out of the school gates with Ayaka, searching for her mom's car among the cars parked along the pavement.

'Y/N, isn't that your mom's car?' Ayaka pointed at a black Mercedes.

'Yup! See you tomorrow!' Y/N waved goodbye to Ayaka, before running towards her mom's car.

'How was school?' Nayeon asked her daughter, who was climbing in the car and lightly threw her bag on the empty seat.

'Not bad. I don't have homework today.'

'I'm glad you don't. I'm going to take you somewhere special. You've been there before when you were young though.' Nayeon said, while starting the car.

'Where are we going then?'

'Not telling.'

'Whyyyy???'

'It's a surprise. Wait and you'll see.' Her mom smirked.

- time skip -
Nayeon shook her sleeping daughter to wake her up, causing the girl to groan.

'We're at the Carpark already. Wake up. I didn't know school was that tiring, hm?'

'Where's this?' Y/N rubbed her eyes and looked out the car.

'Get off first. We can go in.'

After Nayeon locker the car doors, the two went towards the white door.

'This place looks familiar.' Y/N commented, letting out a yawn.

'It should be. You've been here countless times when you were young.' Nayeon chuckled.

When the lift doors opened, Y/N immediately realised where she's at — JYPE.

'Eomma! Is this really JYP? Oh. My. Gosh.'
Y/N squeal excitedly, while trying not to jump around in the elevator. 'This fresh air lift is definitely iconic.'

'I never knew you would be this delighted to be here.' Nayeon laughed, as she pat her daughter's head.

Nayeon and Y/N got off at the 8th floor, where Nayeon was supposed to go to to record her song cover.

They went in a room, connected to a recording studio.

  'Y/N sit there, I have to record in a few minutes.' Nayeon instructed, while putting her stuff down on the seats.

- time skip -
'Phew I'm done recording...Y/N wanna go get something to eat at JYP BOB?'

'What's that?'

'The JYP cafeteria.'

'You mean the café?'

'No, the cafeteria where idols eat. But we could visit Soul Cup Café if you want now.' Nayeon suggested.

'The soul cup cafe please! Eomma Momo said the ice cream there is good.'

'Do you really trust her? Everything tastes good to her.'

The two laughed while walking back out, after making sure no belongings were left behind in the studio.

Y/N suddenly leaned onto her mom while the elevator doors closed, causing the older to look at her with a questioning look.

'What happened?'

'Nothing. Just tired from waiting.'

'Was my voice good though, Y/N?'

'It was awesome...but I don't get how!!' Y/N whined.

'Y'know...I was a trainee before becoming a part of Twice with your Eommas, th-'

The elevator door opened before Nayeon could finish explaining.

'I'll explain at the café.' Nayeon quickly said, while pulling her mask up and putting her shades on.

The two walked to the Soul Cup Café right next door in quick paces.

'I'll go get a seat first. Go look at the menu and come find me to tell me what you want. Don't order for yourself yet.' Nayeon instructed clearly.

- time skip -

'Here's your vanilla ice cream!' Nayeon said, handing her daughter the ice cream cone while sitting across her with her a cup of Americano.

'Thank you.' The girl said. 'And Eomma...can you continue your so-called explanation.'

'Oh that...nothing much, all I'm saying is that the reason my voice became better, not to boast, was because I was a trainee here for several years before becoming an idol.'

'So...they trained you and improved your vocals?' Y/N asked, head slightly tilted.

'Yup.' Nayeon chuckled, thinking her daughter looked cute that way.

'Annyeong Nayeon sunbaenim!' A voice said, behind Nayeon, causing the two to turn to the direction.

'Annyeong Yeji! Did you come here alone?' Nayeon asked, as the hoobae nodded.

'Y/N this is Yeji. She's from another girl group under our company.' Nayeon introduced.

Y/N, being a slight Midzy, definitely recognised her.

'A-annyeonghaseyo Y-yeji unnie!' Y/N greeted politely. 'Can I...p-please have a photo w-with you?'

Yeji nodded happily before sitting next to the girl, as Nayeon snapped a photo of the two.

'It was nice meeting the both of you. I have to go back to the company now. See you and Nayeon sunbae, please tell the other Twice members I said hi!' Yeji said, voice full of energy.

Nayeon nodded and waved at the younger idol too, before turning back to her daughter.

'Excuse me, you never told me you were a Midzy.' Nayeon smirked.

'Ehehe maybe I have not yet...' Y/N sheepishly smiled.

'Lemme tell you. They were the ones looking after you once when you were really young, they sat with you during one of our concerts.' Nayeon said, while taking a sip from her cup.

'Really? You're kidding mom. You got to be joking.'

'I'm serious! It's your fault you don't remember, Im Y/N!'

'Well...I mean the first time I watched Dalla Dalla I thought they looked really familiar...'
Y/N laughed.

After the two were done with their food/drink, they started heading back home after Nayeon paid the bills.

'I really like the ice cream. Eomma Momo wasn't wrong at all!' Y/N exclaimed.

'The food and drinks here are organic and surprisingly good, but the problem is everyone, even tourists, can come to this restaurant, that's why JYP idols aren't fond of coming here.'

Y/N nodded, while opening the car door of her mom's black car.