38 : Concert Guest

Y/N : 8 y/o

  'Y/N please come to the living room after you're done with your homework. We want to discuss something with you.' Jihyo requested, speaking to her daughter from outside the door.

  'Eomma! I'm done!' Y/N ran to her nearest mom, aka Tzuyu, and jumped on her lap.

  'Ok so...we're thinking, if you could come to our concert to be our guest next week?' Jihyo started.

  'Me? Your concert? But I can't sing!' Y/N exclaimed, eyes widened, looking at all her moms.

  'You can try. It's okay. Onces would love it.' Jeongyeon pleaded.

  Y/N sat on Tzuyu's lap, looking at the floor, thinking if she should take the chance.

  'Your singing isn't bad, and if you aren't confident, we have a week to practise.' Mina comforted. 'Not to mention that we can go have Korean BBQ after the concert that night.'

  Y/N's eyes lit up at the mention of Korean BBQ, her favourite food.

  'Ok! I'll try! For my Eommas!'

  Tzuyu immediately crushed her daughter in a hug, before they all went back to doing their own things.

- timeskip : D-1 -

  Y/N has been practising <Be As One > with her moms every day after school the past week, and her vocals and pronunciation have no doubt improved.

  'Y/N the concert's tomorrow, so do your best practising today alright? We're going to do a rehearsal with you at the stadium tomorrow as well so don't worry.' Chaeyoung reminded the girl, who nodded while holding a microphone in her hand, facing the mirror in front of her.

The girl stood there, trying her best to sing <Be as One> , with Mina and Chaeyoung watching her practise from the side.

The two clapped for the girl after she finished, as an encouragement, and Y/N gave them a wide smile.

- time skip : D-day -

It was her first time standing there, alone. On a big stage, facing a wide range of seatings that will be filled by Onces later. It was the last chance for Y/N to practise the stage, and she would be doing it with Nayeon and Jihyo.

On the stage, she sat on a chair, in the middle of Nayeon and Jihyo, and they all took turns singing their parts.

'WONDERFUL! THANK YOU!' The 'concert director' clapped, as the three bowed and went to the backstage to officially prepare for the concert, that would start in two hours.

- time skip : TWICELIGHTS opening -

'Manager Imo, how long until my turn on the stage?' Y/N asked Manager Kim, who was sitting next to her, looking after her for her moms on stage.

'Well, that would be around an hour and a half. Do you want to go practise by yourself in the practice room there?' The manager pointed at the blue door, which was the entrance to the soundproof room.

Y/N nodded and entered the room, practising hard for the song.

'Yoo Y/N!!!' Jeongyeon squealed, running in the practice room to find her daughter. It was their 5 minute break from the concert, after performing 5 songs at once.

'I've heard you've been practising hard hm ?' Jeongyeon asked, caressing her daughter's cheek.

Y/N gave her a wide smile, as Jeongyeon gave her a peck on the cheeks.

'Okay Eomma's gotta go for the concert now. You'll be on stage about an hour later.' Jeongyeon cheered, leaving the room.

- timeskip : Y/N's turn -

'You ready?' Jihyo asked, holding onto her daughter's hand.

Y/N nodded. The lights were off, but she could see some of the Onces' faces from where she was sitting, because of their Candy Bongs.

'You can do it.' Nayeon whispered, giving her a tight squeeze on the hand.

The light soon lit up, and the Be As One instrumental started playing.

  Y/N started the song with her part, as Onces watched with their mouths open, amazed by the young girl's talents.

  'Woah she's good.'

  'She might be lip syncing.'

  Compliments and comments were heard from among the crowd, but Nayeon's hand was holding onto her daughter's, giving her a sense of relief.

  After the song, Jihyo's eyes was already filled with tears, proud of her own daughter having the courage to perform on such a big stage.

  'Thank you Once!' Jihyo said into the microphone, standing up to hug her daughter as everyone cheered for the three.

- Backstage -

  'You did well Y/N-ah!' Momo cheered, running to tackle her daughter in a tight hug, and giving kisses all over her cheek.

  'Thank you Eomma.' Y/N giggled.

'Go get changed and we can go eat Korean BBQ.' Sana gave her a pat on the back.