Prologue

Hello! This is one of my first stories that I am writing. Please let me know if there's anything I should change or take note on in the future.

It was my 5th birthday when my life suddenly changed in front of me. I remember the screams my mom and dad gave, the eyes of the killer, and how much pain I felt that day. I was forced to watch the villain who tortured and killed my parents.

In the morning, my brother (B/N) was off to the hospital for his last minute shift. Before he left, he gave me a necklace that had a moon crescent on it. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Y/N. Whenever you're in danger, use your quirk to fill the crescent with water, okay? It gives big brother an immediate alert so I can come get you." He kneeled down to my height and helped me put on the necklace.

"Hehe. You know I can always rely on mom and dad to rescue me." I pulled him for a hug as I gave him a big smile.

"Son you're gonna be late to your shift if you don't leave!" Dad picked me up as B/N put on his shoes.

"Yeah, yeah. So much for leaving on Y/N's birthday. Happy birthday, Y/N. I promise to be home in a little bit!" B/N left as he gave a wave at me.

It was 2PM when my parents and I went out to get groceries for my birthday dinner. We went to my Dad's sidekick's cake shop to pick up a birthday cake he ordered for me. The sidekick's name was Roy and his wife owned the cake shop. Apparently, it was one of the best cake shops in town, but I remember it being empty. I should've taken that as a sign, but I was only a kid.

As we walked in, I was in my mom's arms as my dad greeted them.

"Hey, Roy! I'm here to pick up the birthday cake I ordered for my lil girl." Dad stood in front of the counter as I saw Roy looking at my mom and me.

"A-ah yeah. L-let me gr-grab that for y-ou." Roy nervously said. I felt my mom holding me tighter to her.

Suddenly, I saw Roy's wife flashing herself to the entrance of the store. She locked it and closed the blinds as well.

"What's going on here?" My mom angrily said as she put me down behind her.

"You know what's exactly going on! Your husband took all the credit for every mission we've been on! I'm unknown to the world while I'm trying to make a name. I've been wasting my time trying to help you two with nothing!" Roy hysterically cried out. I saw his hands turning into metal claws, threatening my dad.

"Your little girl is going to see who should've been the whole strength of your missions!" The wife ran towards my mom, but my mom shot out heavy pressure from her hands, making the wife smashed against the wall with her head cracked open.

"Honey, protect Y/N! I'll handle Roy!" My dad unleashed water from the pipes below and froze them to attack Roy.

My mom stood in front of me as I began to panic. I grasped the necklace as I remembered my brother's words from this morning. I secretly reached my hand out to manipulate the water to put it in my necklace. The necklace began to slightly glow blue.

There was blood splattered on the floor as I heard something being stabbed. I looked up to see Roy's eyes that were bloodshot red. His hands were digged into my dad's chest.

"Dar-darling!" My mom rushed and slashed her arm across to release a pressure cut on Roy. Roy got his left arm cut off and rolled towards me. I fell and scooted back as the blood splattered on me. My mom was holding onto his chests as blood kept on gushing out. Roy however, was unaffected by it and ran towards my mom.

"Mom!" I screamed at her as she turned around to see Roy standing in front of her.

"Oh, stupid heroes. You really can't stop me? You killed my wife, you bitch!" Roy stabbed my mom on her hip with his right hand. My mom screamed in pain as she tried to release more pressure from her hand at him. He forced her down and pulled his hand out to stab her left shoulder.

"Your little girl is watching both of her parents die, right in front of me. How does it feel to have your only child watching her parents be so worthless. Enjoy your last breath, hero." Roy took his right hand and stabbed my mom in the chest. He kicked their bodies to the side and slowly walked up towards me.

Tears rolled out of my eyes as my body was splattered with blood. I mentally screamed for B/N as Roy knelt down to me and brought his claws underneath my chin. He smiled like a maniac.

"What heroes are going to help you out now, Y/N? Your parents couldn't protect one person." He slightly cut my jaw as he retracted his right hand back. Without knowing, I pulled my hand out and started controlling his body.

"You fucking brat! If you want to die without pain, I suggest you-" The door was knocked down a force of ice. B/N rushed in and saw me, standing with my hand out and controlling Roy. My eyes and tears were flowing and glowing bright blue.

"Y/N! You can let him go now! The police are here to take him. Y/N!" My brother pleaded at me. I couldn't hear him as if something was making me act this way. I felt so much anger and hatred towards Roy. B/N wrapped water around Roy and froze him into place. I stopped and my eyes retuned back to its normal color.

"Y/N, it's okay..I'm...Big brother is here." He knelt down in front of me. I looked at his face, confused as to how he got here. I cried into his shoulder.

The police took away Roy, but had to take B/N and I for questions to their report. I held my brother's hand as I saw my parents being strolled out into the ambulance.

Who knew on my 5th birthday my world changed right in front of my eyes.