C U S S

CHAPTER 15

THEY were silent all the way to their destination and Klygy doesn’t even have an idea where they are headed to. All she knows is that they changed their attire for comfort?

“Aren’t you going to ask me where are we headed to?” he spoke, waking up her senses.

“Do you trust me that much?”

Her eyes widened and she looked at his eyes. He had a grin on his lips. With the words he said, he is either testing her or playing with her.

“Where are we actually headed to, Sir?” she finally spoke.

“To the top of the hell?”

Her brows furrowed, sensing something from what he just said. She wants to think of that 'word' but it wouldn’t just come out. What does he mean and why does it sound familiar?

“Don’t worry, Mykh. I will show you what we really do and how would you deal with our customers.”

She didn’t speak. She was wondering why he speaks so casual to her. It was like he had known her for a long time…

“You must have an idea about our company’s working process as I handed you those papers. You saw that many of our customers were underground members and it is illegal. But the government cannot do anything about the company. It is too beneficial to the arm forces of the country to take the company down. Our appointment today is to make a deal with a well-known syndicate of Asia. You are with me for experience.”

Tumango lang siya hanggang sa tumigil sila sa isang maliit na pantalan at sumakay sila ng helicopter. Tahimik lang siya sa buong byahe hanggang sa nakarating na sila sa taas ng kabundukan.

May nakaabang na mga tao rito at may kasama rin silang mga tagabantay sakanila. Naglakad na sila patungo sa isang maliit na gusali at maya maya ay naramdaman niya ang kamay ni Sir K at pasekretong pinahawak sakaniya ang isang maliit na kutsilyo.
"in case," bulong sakaniya ni Sir K. Agad naman niya itong itinago nang walang nakakapansin.

Pumasok sila sa gusali at nakita ang isang matandang lalaking nakaupo sa gitna ng mga lalaking nakatayo sa likod niya na para bang nagbabantay. Meron ding nakatayo sa ikalawang palapag na nakatingin sakanila.

May isang upuang bakante tatlong metrong layo sa lalaking iyon at don naman umupo si Sir K.

“Can I request to have an another seat?” pangunguna ni Sir K. “I don’t want to make a woman stand.”

Nasurpresa siya don dahil wala man lang bakas na takot sa boses nito o kaya ay sa mukha nito. Maya maya ay may isang lalaking naglagay ng upuan sa tabi ng inuupuan ni Sir K. Her boss motioned his hand to the seat, telling her to sit and she did.

“You brought a beautiful woman this time, Mr. K.” pagsasalita ng matandang lalaki na hindi niya inakalang magaling magsalita ng wikang banyaga.

Sa mukha palang nito ay lumaki sa kabundukan kaya hindi kapanipaniwala na magaling ito sa linggwaheng Ingles.

“She’s my girl. No one should touch her.”
That surprised her. What is he saying to a syndicate’s leader?  Isn’t he afraid that he might insult that old man?

Nilibot niya ang kaniyang mga mata sa mga tao ron at lahat sila nakatingin sakaniya ngayon. Their looks are really creepy that is giving her goose bumps.

“That kind of look might kill you all, men. Let’s get down to the business.”

She gulped. Nararamdaman niya ang kakaibang presenysa sa boses ni Sir K. It is scary and he isn’t playing.

“So last month, I’ve brought you sets of arm forces to attack the Shim City of Vietnam in which you intruded like pirates whose hungry of treasures.” Sir K started a conversation.

“and now you are asking me discount for bulk buying?” Sir K scoffed, leaning his back to his seat.

“Have you known my company’s rule that we don’t give discount for bulk buying? This is what I’m going to clarify you, Mr. Looman. And I wouldn’t be patient enough for ruining one of my company’s branch.”

Mr. Looman scoffed. “Who cares about rules, Mr. K? Your company had disregarded my order. Moreover, they accused us for the damage of the company? That was such disrespectful of me, Mr. K.”

She cleared her throat to get everyone’s attention.

“Don’t you forget that we are here for business, Mr. Looman.” She looked straight at Mr. Looman’s eyes and then swift it to the man on the second floor who had its gun unlocked a while ago.

“Let’s be professional and talk about this thing seriously.” Her eyes went back to Mr. Looman.

“K Company is not a company without rules. We abjucate these rules to maintain good communication with customers for us to sell our products. Arm forces aren’t easy to be produced that is why we are very careful about spending money. This is why we don’t have a discount programme, Mr. Looman. Regarding about the accusation of the company’s branch, isn’t it clear that you were saying you did it because your order had been disregarded? Our company is best known for its smooth transaction with customers, thus, it is impossible for everyone to believe that our company is making a mess with a syndicate.

And you said that it was disrespectful of you? Think about it Mr. Looman, you are a syndicate. You are attacking people. You are disrespecting people on your own will and you are saying that we disrespected you because we followed a company’s rule? That’s disrespectful of the K Company, Mr. Looman.”

Silence engulfed the room and it was only Sir K who’s smiling, proud. He stood up with his chin up.

“I believe that we have clarified your concern, Mr. Looman. There is no need of talk. The discussion is over.” Sir K grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the building.

Napapatingin nalang siya sa kamay ni Sir K na nakahawak sakaniyang kamay. Nagpahila lang siya rito dahil mukhang hindi naman siya bibitawan nito.

She got confused that they went to another route and took another helicopter. And as they went up, she just watched that building and the helicopter exploded before her eyes.

So this is why they took another helicopter.

She leaned her back on her seat and then realized that Sir K is still holding her wrist. Their eyes met and then he let go her.

“Might as well you burn it up in the first place,” she concluded.

He smirked. “I wanted to refresh his mind about my company before he stops thinking,” he explained nonchalantly.

She doesn’t know but she is feeling a bit comfortable to him now. This appointment had made her realize that she can actually be herself. She can show how deadly she becomes and she wouldn’t worry about him being indifferent of her.

“Can I cuss, Sir K?” she requested, expecting an approval.

“It wasn’t in my company’s rules to not cuss. Feel free.”

“Thanks.”

So it is actually not a bad thing to work in the company.

***

ZS1 Ch. 15

Cherophobia MP