A N N O Y I N G

CHAPTER 67

Nagising si Klygy na wala siyang kasama sa kama kaya nilibot niya ang kaniyang mga mata sa paligid ng kwarto baka sakaling makita ang kaniyang asawa ngunit wala.

Bumangon siya para hanapin ito at inaantok na lumabas ng kwarto. Nakita niyang bukas ang pintuan ng kanilang bahay kaya inisip niyang baka lumabas ito para manigarilyo. Bumaba siya sa hagdanan at tumungo sa pintuan palabas at napatigil sa narinig.

“Madam Melissa took care of me that time and chose not to flee, I’m sorry if I… I was the reason…” Zandry sobbed.

She saw her husband hugged Zandry to his arms, his eyes were teary that she knows what might be the reason. She started walking to them as her husband looked at her surprised and stood up.

“I’m sorry if you woke up without me-

“It’s okay.”

“Let’s get inside, it’s cold here,” lumapit sakaniya si King ngunit agad rin siyang umiling.

“Let’s stay here for a while,” she beamed and went down the stairs and sat beside Zandry and King sat beside her.

“Are you getting better?” she asked Zandry whose eyes were red because of tears.

“Yes, mama. Thank you,” niyakap siya nito at tumawa naman siya.

Niyakap rin siya ni King at hinalikan ang kaniyang ulo.

“I’m sorry for acting careless back then,” she spoke, recalling that time she watched Zandry cried into Mr. Agramus’ corpse and he called him ‘Dad’.

“Mama… he was smiling…” Zandry spoke. “…there was smile on his lips and I cannot say that you killed him. He has simply put himself at rest… like he knows that it is coming…” he paused.

“He… had never wanted to die, mama, not until that day…” he sobbed and burst into tears on her shoulder. “Don’t be sorry,”

King tightened his hug to her and kissed her shoulder. He knows that her wife did that because of him and she is grieving upon her action.

“I have never felt this satisfied before, Mykh,” he spoke, honest and with pure intention.

“I couldn’t even blink my eye when I finally heard the gun. There is something that gave me light with that… like… my mom has finally rest in peace in my mind.

I wanted to kill him… and make him suffer like how he did to her… but I just can’t…” he paused. He couldn’t speak anymore because he remembers everything in the past. When his father stopped him from making it happen and when his father made him promise not to revenge.

“Lavion told me the truth a week ago,” Klygy spoke.

“She told me that Zendguge couldn’t kill any of those men because of a promise, that the father of Zendguge didn’t want revenge because he had also made a mistake to them. He believes that it was karma,” she chuckled a bit, “so you are all waiting for someone to kill them right? And here I am, who did it for you all.”

Humigpit ang yakap ng dalawa sakaniya at hindi nagsalita. Alam nilang naglilihi ito kaya kakaiba na ito magkasalita. She sneezed, making everyone laugh. Kumalas sa pagkakayakap ang dalawa at pinatayo siya ni King.

“You’ll catch a cold. Let’s get inside,” natatawa niyang ani at tumayo naman din si Klygy at Zandry para pumasok.

And when they got inside, they just found themselves going to the kitchen to look for something to eat.