T R U T H

CHAPTER 25

MATAGAL na nakatayo si Klygy sa labas ng private ward ni Choco. Hindi niya alam kung paano ipaliliwanang ang  pakiramdam niya ngayon. Hindi rin niya alam kung ano ang sasabihin niya rito. Buti nalang talaga at dinala ito ni Sir K sa hospital pagkatapos niyang paslangin ang Harshly.

Naisip niyang bisitahin ito ngayong may isang linggo siyang bakasyon sa trabaho. This is all her fault that he had to be injured when he is innocent. She wants to apologize for that.

Kumatok muna siya ng makatlong besese bago buksan ang pinto at nagtagpo ang kanilang mga mata.

“Cheese.” Gulat itong nakatingin sakaniya at agad na lumapit sakaniya.

“Cheese.” Niyakap siya nito ng mahigpit. “Salamat naman at okay ka lang. Salamat at nandito ka.”

It was like she stopped breathing for a moment. Seeing him fine and okay, that is enough to make her feel at ease. But to think that it was her who cause his injuries…

“I’m sorry…” Her eyes started to tear up. “I’m sorry…” she wrapped her arms around him and sobbed.

He is safe now. No one will hurt him from now on. So everything is fine but she is still sorry that… there is a life she had lost… for him…

“It’s okay, Cheese. Hindi mo kasalanan ang lahat. Naiintidihan ko na kung bakita nakipaghiwalay ka sakin. Dahil gusto mo akong protektahan diba?”

Tumango siya at umiyak na naman sa dibdib nito na ikinatawa ni Choco.

“Ngayon ka lang umiyak  ng ganyan sa'kin, Cheese.” He started patting her head to comfort her.

“Ang importante ngayon ay ligtas ka at ligtas ako. Hindi mo na kailangang lumayo sakin ngayon.”

Natigilan siya. Dahan dahan siyang napabitaw sa pagkakayakap sakaniya at napatingala kay Choco.

Does he mean…

Choco wiped her tears, looking gentle in her eyes.

“Hindi na tayo maghihiwalay sa susunod, Cheese. Babalik tayo sa nakaraan, okay?” Ngumiti ito at bumaba ang kaniyang mata sakaniyang mga labi.

Choco leaned close and kissed her, with all his heart, his love that has never change. With Klygy who’s stuck in his sudden act, she was surprised when he started moving his lips. It was like he is saying to do the same but she wasn’t sure now… why… she could only think of that person now?

“Cheese?” He looked at her and that is the only thing that made her come back to her senses.

“You’ve gotten silent.”

“Huh?”

“And you’ve gotten prettier.”

He touched her face. “I know you’ll become better and better each day, Cheese” he paused, and looked at her eyes. “I still love you, Cheese. Please… let’s come back to what we are before.”

She got silenced and different thoughts rumbled in her mind. Some part of her is saying yes because Alivros is gone and she can protect him enough now and they can comeback anytime. But why there is a part of her that says ‘no’?

No, they shouldn’t come back together. Choco is so innocent to drag him in her world. She has many enemies in the underground. And she is completely a stranger to him because he hadn’t known her real identity, that there is more that he doesn’t know about Quenborough and Travios.

“Cheese?”

Natauhan siya at napayuko.

“Sorry, Choco—