E A T I N G

CHAPTER 20

NAKAKARAMDAM na nang matinding gutom si Klygy kaya gustong gusto niyang lumabas at pumunta ng kusina ngunit dahil sa ginawa niya kanina, she felt ashamed of herself. Bakit pa niya kasi ginawa yon?

She groaned, blaming herself to everything and rolled over the bed and then someone knocks on the door. Her heart directly pumped so fast, concluding that it was Sir K.

Bubuksan kaya niya? Hindi ba ito galit sakaniya? Hindi kaya ito nandiri sakaniya?

She went out the bed and walk near the door. She took a deep breath before holding the doorknob, and open it while hiding herself behind the door.

“Let’s cook.”

Namilog ang kaniyang mga mata at dumungaw mula sa pinto. He was looking at her in such an ordinary look.

“Let’s go,” pag-iimbita nito ulit at naglakad na kaya sumunod naman siya.

They went to the kitchen, silent and peaceful.

“Do you want rice?” pagtatanong sakaniya ni Sir K at tumango lang siya bilang tugon.

“Okay. Fry an egg and bacon,” he ordered and she nodded again.

She was avoiding skin to skin contact as she could and make a little distance between them. She opened the fridge to get what she needs and did what he asked while he is cooking rice. Since they have a separate place of cooking, she wouldn’t worry much about distance. He was near the oven and she is frying in an island.

She remained concentrated in frying and then later, Sir K was standing a bit close to her. He was preparing the fruit blender and then he started cutting melons and blended it.

Since her work doesn’t really take time, she asked him when he is putting the blended melon on a glass.

“What can I help?”

“Just sit there. You haven’t recovered yet.”

Hindi siya nakapagsalita at sinunod nalang ito. Umupo siya sa isang stool sa kabilang island malapit sa L-shaped counter. Pinagmasdan nalang niya ang mga shelf at ang plating station na maganda ang pagkakaayos.

“When I say sit, sit properly.”

Agad naman niyang naayos ang pagkakaupo niya nang makita niya ang estrikto nitong pagmumukha. Nang maayos naman niya ang pagkakaupo niya ay nakita niya itong naglalagay ng gatas sa melon.

Agad rin siyang nag-iwas ng tingin nang lumingon ito sakaniya at nag-aktong tumitingin sa mga nakalagay sa counter.  She is actually feeling awkward now. Pagkatapos niyang maghubad ng pang-itaas sa harapan niya kanina ay hindi na ata niya kayang tingnan ito sa mga mata. That was really embarrassing, ni hindi niya yon nagawa kay Choco.

Napatingin siya sa basong nilapag ni Sir K sa kaniyang harapan.

“Drink,” utos nito. “Drink while waiting for the rice.”

Napatango nalang siya. “T-Thank you.”

“Don’t be awkward.”

Napatanga nalang siya kay Sir K bago siya talikuran nito upang gumawa pa ng fruit juice.

So he felt that she is feeling awkward to him? This will surely make it more awkward.

She drank the juice and then saw him drank one. When the rice was cooked, he told her to stay still and served the food alone. He put the food in the island she is staying and then sat on the stool next to her.

She got confused that he didn’t put a spoon and fork on his own plate while he put hers. Nagulat nalang siya nang makita niyang nagkamay ito sa pagkain.

Mukhang napansin naman ni Sir K ang pagkatulala niya sakaniya kaya tiningnan niya ito.

“I learned this from Klam. He is a bisaya and he eats with his right hand.”

Napatanga siya. “Don’t try it, you might burn your fingers,” wika nito at muling sumubo gamit ang kamay.

She can’t believe it. A businessman as wealthy as him is actually eating with his right hand?

Upon recovering, she started taking spoonful of her food and then she saw him put a small amount of soy sauce on his bacon and egg, shocking her again. As she watched how he devoured his food, it seems like he is eating the best dish he had ever had.

Inabot din niya ang toyo at ginaya si Sir K. Napalingon naman sakaniya ito. She made a small smile before taking a spoonful and chew it.

There she realized that she is missing something in her life. She promised to herself that from then on, she will try putting soy sauce to her food when eating. This is amazing. She didn't expect that it would be this good to eat a simple meal.

“You like it?” asked Sir K who is watching Klygy, struggling to eat with her right hand. He didn’t want her to use her hand but since the rice is a bit cold now, he instructed her to wash her hand before eating.

Unexpectedly, Sir K needs to fry more bacon and egg for Klygy. And for the first time in his life, he showed someone how gourmand he is when using his right hand on eating. Klygy was the first woman to see him use his hand in eating that even Klam didn’t know.

Pagkatapos nilang kumain ay nagsabi siyang siya na ang manghuhugas ng plato ngunit hindi siya pinayagan ni Sir K at sinabihan siyang magpahinga na lang.

She was forced to go to the living room and sat in the couch, feeling so full in her stomach.

That was actually the best and biggest meal she had in her life. She never thought that a simple meal would taste like heaven with soy sauce. She leaned her back on the couch and closed her eyes. The awkward atmosphere she was feeling a while was gone. Eating with him and learning how to eat with the right hand was like she had gone back to childhood days. That was good.

Now she is thinking about this, why… does she become easily comfortable with him? Just like what happened. She was embarrassed because of what she did and then now, she is comfortable with him.

Is this because… she can show him what she really is? Is it because she can be honest with him? She can cuss with him? And she can say whatever she wants without worrying about formality and ethics?

This has never happened to her before. This is a whole new experience that she is liking—she stopped thinking right there and blocked her mind.

No, she shouldn’t focus to these mysterious feeling. Sir K is not a good man in the first place. First, he stalked her. Second, he kidnapped her.

And she was locked in this underground space where she couldn’t escape. And ofcourse she wouldn’t forget that she needs to see Alivros. She needs to find a way to leave.

***

ZS1 Ch. 20

Cherophobia MP