C A N ' T T A K E A N Y M O R E

CHAPTER 48

MALAKAS ang hangin na ibinuga ni Klygy pagkatapos niyang tumingala sa kompanyang kaniyang papasukan. Iniisip palang niya na makakaharap niya si Sir K ay hindi na niya alam ang gagawin niya. She is back to work after Sunday and now she is collecting all her courage to stay calm and collected as she walked to the hall and up to her office.

As she opened the door, her eyes directly searched for her boss and saw nothing on his seat.

“Good morning, Ma’am Ky!” bati sakaniya ni Kujilo at winagayway ang kamay.

“Good morning” ngitian niya ito at binati narin ang iba. Hindi niya inakalang mauunahan siya ng mga ito. Nasanay siya na si Klam ang unang una niyang nakikita sa opisina na pero ngayon ay iba ata.

Pumunta nalang siya sakaniyang lamesa at nilapag ang kaniyang flight bag sakaniyang swivel chair. Nilagay muna niya malapit sa bintana ang bulaklak sa kaniyang lamesa para makita ito ng araw pati narin ang nasa lamesa ni Sir K.

She arranged his files on his table and in his drawers. She got those things she should make and started doing them. Naalala niyang kailangan pala niyang mangolekta ng mga reports kaya tumayo siya mula sakaniyang upuan at naglakad na palabas.

As soon as she was almost on the door, it opens and Sir K appeared in her sight, surprising her.

“G-Good morning, sir...” agad niyang bati pero nilagpasan siya nito at hindi man lang siya tiningnan.

She bit her lips, still standing where she is and still on the same position. She breathes and just walked outside to continue her work and pretended as formal as possible.

Since that morning, everyday was a hell day. She did all her best to get his attention but he never laid her his eyes. When she has something to ask, he only answers formal and brief. She even gave him coffee and he thanked her without even glancing at her.

When he has an appointment, he would go alone without her assistance and he sent her to appointments inside the company. It was hell, the whole office is formal and silent. They only get a bit messy when Sir K is not around because of the K squad.

She wanted to talk to him but he is so busy that he had no time talking to something unrelated to work. He even leaves early than before that is why she couldn’t ask him for a talk after work.

Pagod niyang ibinagsak ang kaniyang katawan sakaniyang higaan at inaalala ang pag-uusap nila ni Choco.

“W-What?”

“You heard me. I don’t want us to get back. I’m sorry.”

“But Cheese… you said you still love me…”

She saw how his eyes turned sad and how his face gloomed. She stared at him, recalling everything Vanilla told her and remembering all the things he had done with her being blind of love.

“Choco…” she spoke, slowly taking back her hand that he held a while ago.

“Do you really love me?”

Nakita niya ang pamimiloh ng mga mata nito at maya maya ay yumuko. Nakita niya ang namumuo nitong mga luha ngunit agad rin nitong pinunanasan nang mahulog na ang isang patak nito.

“Honestly, I got your address from Vanilla,” he confessed, surprising her. He looked at her eyes, with still those tears on, and smiled.

“Even if I am good hacker, I couldn’t trace you, Cheese. I’ve been looking for you after I left the hospital until I broke up with Dwain because I only think of you…” he looked down.

“Kinausap ako ni Vanilla dahil hindi ko siya sinukuan na pagtanungan kung nasan ka hanggang sa sinabi niya sa’kin ang totoo,” tiningnan siya nito muli sakaniyang mga mata. Ang kaniyang mga luha ay dumadaloy na pababa sakaniyang pisngi.

“I’m sorry if I wasn’t sincere before. I’m sorry if I used you for my advantage,” he sobbed, “But when you broke up with me, I realized that something isn’t right. I thought I could be happy without you and move on but I’m not. Hinahanap hanap ka parin ng mga mata ko, Cheese. Mahal kita.”

Bumuntong hininga si Klygy habang nakatingala sakaniyang kesame. Simula nong marinig niya mula kay Choco ang dahilan nito, akala niya ay magiging maayos na ang lahat ngunit…

wala pa ring progreso pagkatapos ng tatlong araw.

Kinapa niya ang kaniyang phone sakaniyang tabi at agad na pumunta sa message. She started typing “hey” but then she erased it with the thought that she is being too casual.

She typed “Are you okay? Are you home? Have you eaten?” but she erased it with the thought that it isn’t the right words to ask.

“Do you hate me?” she talked, staring at his number.

She groaned and dropped the phone, losing all hope she has.

She wanted to know what he feels. She wanted to read what is on his mind. But… she can’t just do that because it feels like he is really ignoring her. And how long would he ignore her?!

She groaned and closed her eyes to sleep. It took an hour for her to sleep again until tomorrow, she was awoken by Nima. Stressed, she took a bath and prepared herself for work after breakfast.

She drove her car to the company and parked it. She went to the office only to see a familiar woman sitting on her boss’ swivel chair.

As far as she can remember, this is Sir K’s ex named Dawn. Nakunot ang kaniyang noo. What is she doing in the office this early?

“Hi,” bati ni Dawn sakaniya.

“Hello” malamig niyang bati na may kunot sakaniyang noo habang naglalakad patungo sakaniyang opisina.

“Anyways, I’m here to tell King a good news. Wanna hear it?”

Nilingunan niya ito at nakita ang malapad na ngisi nito sakaniyang mga labi habang nakatingin sakaniya. Hindi niya alam pero naiinsulto siya kung paano siya tingnan nito.

“King and I should get married soon. I heard that he declined a secret arranged marriage from a good family so he was planning to get back” Dawn shrugged and took a sip of coffee on her boss’ table.

Hindi siya nakapagsalita at hindi pinahalata ang bigat sa kaniyang dibdib. He declined the marriage? W-Why? Why would he do that?

Tiningnan niya muli si Dawn na may determinasyon sakaniyang mga mata.

No, this girl must be just playing around. She shouldn’t just trust someone she only met twice.

Lumalim ang kunot sakaniyang noo nang makita ang nakasabit na blazer ni Sir K sa swivel chair nito at napansin niya ang relo nitong nakalapag sa lamesa.

She doesn’t want to believe this woman although it pained her. Just thinking about him getting married to another woman…

“Baby…”

Gulat siyang napalingon sa bandang pintuan kung saan kakapasok lang ni Sir K.

“Did you sleep well last night?” pagtatanong ni Sir K kay Dawn at hindi man lang ata siya napansin.

“Yes. By the way, my father called me over the phone and he said that—

She stood up, stamping her table loud, making the two look at her. She can’t take it anymore. She doesn’t want to hear it anymore!

Kinuha niya ang kaniyang bag at nagsimulang naglakad palapit kay Sir K at tumigil isang metrong layo sakaniya.

“Congratulations, sir. I hope you have a happy and good life til’ the rest of it,” she forced a beam and passed through him, walked to the halls down the ground floor and then to her car while wiping the tears coming from her eyes.

***
ZS1 Ch. 48
phobiii_zz