C O U L D N ' T

CHAPTER 32

KLYGY hugged herself because of the wind touching her skin. She was looking at the sight of the city lights in South Carolina. It’s two in the morning and she is standing in the balcony of King’s room.

After they have eaten their dinner in the middle of the night, she was so full that she doesn’t want to sleep yet. And here she is, enjoying the city lights in front of her.

Naramdaman niyang may naglagay nang kumot sakaniyang braso at nakita si King na tumayo sa tabi niya.

“I checked up on you but you weren’t in the bed and then here you are, wanting to have a cold.”

She rolled her eyes to him and just looked at what she was looking, “Can’t you say any word that sounds good in the ears? You’re always annoying” she scowled.

Narinig naman niya itong tumawa, “You find everything I say annoying even if I say good words.”

“So you’re saying I lack communication skills?” nilingunan niya si King.

“No, it is just you” nakangiti nitong sagot sakaniya at bumuntong hininga habang nakatingin sa malawak na kalangitan.

Napatitig naman si Klygy dahil sa ekpresyon nito. He looks serious as of now and it seems like he is going to say words that are true. She stayed looking at him because she wants to watch how he would say words. She wants to hear it.

“You always find me annoying but you are still here. You hate me but you didn’t resign. You never like anything I say but you listen to me” he looked at her eyes and she got mesmerized by how his pupils got bigger while looking at her.

She felt the beating of her heart, crazy and fast. She couldn’t breathe and she wanted to look at him longer.

“It is just you and I like it when you are being you” he smiled and messed up her hair.

“Go sleep. We will be coming back to the Philippines tomorrow at noon.” Nagsimula na itong naglakad paalis pero tumigil rin pagkatapos ng ilang lakad at lumingon sakaniya.

“Have a hot bath if you like. You must be feeling cold.” He made a small smile before making steps outside the room.

She was left standing there. It was the first time she doesn’t find him annoying. Since she had entered this place, she didn’t find him annoying and it was like, he isn’t acting playful at all.

It is just him. He is being himself when she is with her and no matter how she finds him annoying, he is still being playful because he is being ‘him’ and he wanted to show it on her.

Napahawak siya sakaniyang dibdib na malakas parin ang tibok nito habang inaalala ang ekpresyon nito nong nakatingin ito sakaniyang mga mata.

She was speechless and she cannot describe what she feels now. Why does it feel like she wanted to understand him? Why does it feel like she wanted to know him better?

KINAUMAGAHAN, naligo na si Klygy pagkatapos niyang magising. Alam niyang umagang umaga na at tapos na ang agahan nong magising na siya. It is because she had sleep at 3:00 AM.

Pagkalabas niya sa banyo ay nakita niya si Lavion na nakaupo sa kama at may nakalapag na mga paper bag sa tabi niya. Agad itong tumayo nang makita siyang lumabas.

“I was on time.” Ngumiti ito.
“Good morning” bati niya rito habang tinutuyo ang kaniyang buhok gamit ang twalya.

“Good morning. Don’t do that, let the maids blow your hair.”

“No, it’s okay. I’m used on working with myself alone” nginitian niya lang ito.

“Okay. King told me to buy you clothes.” Lavion motioned her hand to the paper bags and says, “I’m sorry if I brought you jeans and shirt. My brother is just so demanding,” Lavion groaned.

“It’s okay”

She expected that a bit. Galit na galit nga ito nong sumuot siya ng skirt kaya ineexpect na niya na jeans ang ipapasuot nito sakaniya.

Kinuha niya ang mga paper bag at umupo naman ulit si Lavion sa kama. She looked for the undies.

“How’s Hellellous by the way?” pagtatanong ni Lavion sakaniya habang siya naman ay sumuot na nang pang ilalim na kasuotan.

“She is doing fine with her job and maybe she is dating her boss now.”

“What about Alivros? He likes Hellellous right?”

Natigilan siya sa pagzipper ng sinuot niyang jeans pero itinuloy narin niya nong magtagpo ang mga mata nila.

“Alivros is dead,” sabi nalang niya at umiwas nang tingin rito at kinuha mula sa paper bag ang cropped t-shirt at sinuot.

Thinking about Alivros… all she could do is to mourn him because she can’t bring back the time.

“So that is why he wasn’t in the competition” sabi naman nito.

She acted normal and took her comb in her handbag.

“I was planning to go to the Philippines next week. Uhm… I will be searching for him. Maybe I will bug him again” Lavion made a fake laugh.

Tiningnan niya ito. She knows what is she talking about. It was the man she fell in love with. A question just popped into her head and she sat on the bed to ask while combing her short hair.

“When you love someone, do you really need to follow him around?” she paused and thought that her question might be a bit inappropriate. “I- I’m sorry if I asked such a question-“

“We can’t help it” Lavion replied, looking up to the ceiling, making Klygy attentive because she didn’t mind her inappropriate question.

Lavion sighed before speaking again, “This always happens with Zendguges. We usually fell in love with someone who hates us or with someone who is impossible to be with us. We love wholly and we sacrifice everything just to get what we want.”

Hindi siya nakapagsalita.

“We just can’t help it. We can’t move on. And we just can’t stop loving. That is why we don’t give up until we get what we want.”

So this is why… Sir K is being persistent and possessive. This is why he stalked her and watched her everywhere she goes… only because…

they couldn’t help it.

“I am happy for King, actually. He has never fallen in love with anyone else and I have never seen him as lively as now. He doesn’t like anyone to mess with his things. He doesn’t bring people at this mansion either. He doesn’t like being around with girls but then…

you’re here. And I have found out that you have gone to his paradise Island” Lavion looked at her and smiled.

“You are the first woman he brought in his island. I’m envious as his sister who hadn’t got there” she confessed, laughed and stood up.

“I’m sorry if I was nosy when you actually need to prepare yourself for your flight. Anyway, see you in the Philippines,” Lavion lastly said, waved her hand before leaving the room.

***

ZS1 Ch. 32
CherophobiaMP