L O V E ?

CHAPTER 26

Nagbayad na siya sa taxi driver nang tumigil na ang sasakyan sakaniyang bahay. Dahil gabi na, alam niyang nasa bahay silang lahat ngayon ngunit ayaw  niyang makipag-usap sa kung sino ngayon.

Deritso lang ang pasok niya at nakita ang kaniyang ama sa living room na mukhang tinuturuan si Kim.

“Ate?”

Hindi niya ito pinansin at agad na umkayat sa hagdanan at dumeritso sa kaniyang kwarto. Agad siyang pumunta ng banyo at naghilamos.

She wanted to wake up, wake up from the reality that the pure love she had known was all actually a lie. She wanted to tell herself that everything was a lie but when she remembers Choco’s smiles…

Muli na naman siyang naghilamos. Sa mga oras na ito ay binasa pa niya ang kaniyang buhok. So then, she went to shower and wet her whole body.

What Vanilla said was all over her. She is reminiscing all that moments she thought was true but the truth hits her. Why did she fell in love with him from the first place?

It is because he looks innocent. He is full principles and big dreams. It is because he sees the world a very big place to live and be free.

“I want to own a very big farm and a mansion where we can raise our kids.”

Very big farm huh. Mansion huh.
So he wanted to get all of that with the use of her? When he gets the inheritance of Qeunborough?

Hinubad niya ang lahat ng kaniyang kasutoan at lumabas sa shower room. She put on towel around her body and on her head. She looked for a comfortable cloth and heard someone knocking on her door.

“Ate. Gusto ka daw makausap nina Mama at Papa.”

Natigilan siya ng ilang segundo bago sumuot ng pajama. She removed the towel on her head and combed her hair before going out.

Maybe she can confront them now.

“Saan ka ba galing ate?” pagtatanong sakaniya ni Kim na nakasunod sakaniya ngayon.

“To the top of the hell.” walang gana nitong sagot.

“Ate naman eh.”

She wasn’t in the mood to be interviewed for now but she should ready herself to be bombarded. She walks to the living room, seeing her father and mother looking at her. She sat on the couch opposite to them with Kim beside her.

“Klygy” pangunguna ng kaniyang ama.

“We looked over you after not coming back home in two days. We thought that you run away with Shinyu and we found out that you have broken up with him last 9 months and you aren’t with him."

She just shrugged.

"So, we asked help from the police to look for you and found out that you went to Cebu without our permission. Kapamilya ka namin pero wala kaming contact sayo. We don’t even know how to contact you in social media because you are blocking Kim. Tell us, how could you do this to us, Klygy?”

She sighed and spoke, “It’s good that you looked for me, Dad. That was the first time,” with sarcasm.

“Klygy!” pinanlakihan siya ng mga mata ng kaniyang ina.

“Don’t misunderstand us, your parents, Klygy. You are an adult and we know that you can take care of yourself. Grandfather taught you that” Her father clarified.

She scoffed, “And you taught me to not stay in a homeless home.” Again, it was a sarcastic answer.

“Klygy!” Napatayo na ang kaniyang ama dahil siguro sa mga pinagsasabi niya.