Chapter 13

I got up putting away the laptop. I didn't know why Khushal gave me this but maybe I'd understand after watching through all of it. Obviously it was something to do with us. Us? Shehnaaz?! You need to clear your mind. Have fun tonight. After all bachelorette party har roz thori krne ko milti hai. I walked into the washroom washing off my face and putting on a simple but fitting layer of makeup. I decided to go with the blood red lipstick, making sure it was put on properly. That didn't happen too usually. I left my hair in soft curls, letting them cascade down my back. The white dress was chosen by Maahi. It seemed a little too much than what I was used to. The neckline ran all the down to my midriff. My birthmark completely on display.

I shrug it off securing on my heels before moving out

I shrug it off securing on my heels before moving out. I walked down the hall passing by Sidharth's room. The sudden urge to see him clicked back in my brain the next second. So that's exactly what I did. Why? I don't know.. why not? I knocked on his door waiting for a response. It flung open the next minute revealing a completely drenched Sidharth. His face was red, puffy, like he'd cried only a second ago. Even in heels I was no match for his towering height. I gave him a smile not knowing what to say anymore.

Si - "Wow...."

I looked up to find his eyes everywhere but my face. What in the world was this man?! He was looking so broken a second ago and now completely in lost in lust. "Wo-h mera mtlb... tum Yaha? Kuch chahiye baby?" He asked breaking my trance of trying to figure out 1 why he was drenched and 2 what made him cry. "Haan.. mtlb nhi- Woh bas aise hi aayi thi. Karan ko dekha kya tune-" I bit my tongue realizing the blunder I'd just done. I wouldn't be surprised if the door was slammed against my face the next second.

Si - "Kyun?"

I looked up at him completely confused. There wasn't even an ounce of irritation in his voice. I swear to god he was someone else. Plastic surgery krva ke Sidharth ka face lga liya hoga... haye rabba kya pagal khyaal aa rahe hai tere dimaag mein?! Gadhi. Gussa kyun karega simple sawaal hai.. lekin-

Si - "Tujhe kya hua? Bol na kyun pucha uske baare mein?"

S - "Uh - ha.an Woh actually he was going to drive me to the bachelorette. Khud se toh nhi jaungi na? Thak haar k drive bhi nhi honi mere se."

"Tu yeh pehnke jayegi waha?!" He shrieked looking back over my outfit, specifically the neckline. "Haan toh aur kya lehenga pehnke jaun?" I questioned in only 1 tone lower than his. He shut the door walking out after grabbing the bunch of keys by the door. "I'll drop you" he mumbled still not looking impressed with what I'd adorned.

S - "Nooo... maine usse already kaha hua hai"

Si - "Aise tu uske saath nhi jayegi. I don't care. You're coming with me or not going at all"

He said pointing at me from head to toe. I mentally noted that he was the same Sidharth I always knew. No plastic surgery here. My mind had been toting red signals since the moment I knocked on his door, now they were blood red but I didn't care. My heart felt at ease. Maybe it was the video I'd just watched or perhaps the thoughts that came along. I wasn't very sure. I didn't need to be either. Love was like that. You sacrifice everything for mental peace. You know what you're doing is wrong but it doesn't stop you from going ahead with it. After all talaash toh sirf sukoon ki hoti hai, naam rishte ka chahe jo bhi ho. Right now he was my ex. Who'd dumped me the night I'd planned to make him my everything. The same night my best friend decided to not be that anymore and the same night I was visited by haunting fears. I blinked back a stream of tears stepping down the stairs along with him. I didn't care if anyone saw or felt bad. I'd been feeling that the whole of 1,825 days. 1,825 days... you'd think it's be easy to get over someone in all that time. Especially with the attention I had. My whole life I'd dedicated to reach where I was today, but now up here.. I wasn't satisfied. People would say that I shouldn't ever be sad thank you all I had and I agreed, so many other people dealt with bigger problems but how are you supposed to be happy when your heart is completely drenched in layers of your past? A past you wanted as a future. A past you can't get out of your head.. He was my calm. My whole life. Forgetting him was harder than forgetting myself.