Chapter 23

"My choice?" I question knowing exactly how much he despised some of the heartfelt movies I liked to watch from time to time. "Haan your choice, pr dekheinge yahi pe" he mumbled taking the glass I'd just filled with water. I agree letting my mind search for any movie that I could potentially put him through. "Deal, chal abhi so ja fir kal subah nurse aa jayegi toh uthna parega. Guaranteed abhi bhi drame krega tu uthne mein" I said letting my thoughts flow out without the filter I'd put up.

Si - "Nurse kyun?"

S - "Check krna hai aur sponging, Maa ne bola ki itll be the best tolet them handle it right now. Nahi toh di toh unhe krne keh-"

Si - "No way. Nurse hi theek hai, bacha nhi hu main ab"

I chuckle softly seeing the baffled expression pressed to his face. After Helping him lay down against the bed and making sure neither of the bandages require a change I move back to the sofa. I lay down letting out a sigh realizing I'd left my own pills in the bag I put in Maa's room. I let my eyes roam the semidark room stopping at his relaxed face. He seemed happier than what I saw him like just yesterday. The fact seemingly enough to relax the chaos in my mind.

The next morning I woke up to him groaning. It was still fairly early, the sun just rising in the far corner of the horizon. I got up rubbing my eyes out as I walked over, seeing how he'd pressed his face Into a pillow to muffle the sound. "Sidhart? Chhod isse" I whisper grabbing the pillow and putting it over to where it was supposed to be.

S - "Kya hua? Dard hai?"

He shook his head, lips pierced to keep behind the hissing I'd already heard. I turn on the lamp a notch brighter looking over both his arm and leg. The arm was moved off of the pillow, laying on his side clearly having stretched as he repositioned it in his sleep. I sigh walking over to the other side of the bed, pulling his arm up gently as I sat beside him. He winced again, the pain clouding his eyes. "Dard tha toh bola kyun nhi? Ab tak theek ho jata" I mumble pressing my fingers softly around the wound like the doctor had asked to.

Si - "Tujhe jagana nhi tha.."

"Main issi k liye ruki hu na? Koyi problem nhi hoti uthne mein. Ab so ja, pain chala jye ga thori der mein. I'll massage it for a little longer" I say seeing the drowsyness in his eyes. His eyes closing seemed to be the only response he had the energy to give. I sat against the head board letting his arm lay across my lap. My mind was back up on its high. Thinking of all the times this may have happened when I wasn't here. Or maybe; hopefully it wasn't as worse. I look over at his still fairly pale face not able to resist the urge of planting a soft kiss to his forehead and let my fingers ruffle through his locks. His hair was as beautiful as ever before the only thing missing was the usual well kept texture. They seemed much to dry for the normal Sidharth to even accept. I made a mental note to ask why so later on. I moved out of the room another few hours later deciding to get ready before the nurses arrived and also make sure to give him both the medicine and breakfast before that. I walked upstairs sneaking into the guest room after grabbing a quick outfit from my bag. Maa was still asleep. I wouldn't blame her. She was definitely tired of more things than I could even mention. I took a quick shower pulling in the oversized plain black t shirt and grey biker shorts. I left my hair to air dry, skipping over the makeup as well. I made my way back downstairs, guiding myself through the kitchen cabinets. I make a small serving of poha for Maa, making the both of us some toast and eggs to go with a cup of tea. I heard Maa get up upstairs, calling out to her for breakfast just to make sure. She descended the stairs soon enough a pleasant smile washing over her face as she sat down at the table. I pass her the breakfast I'd made wishing her a good morning before telling her about both the nurses and the incident with his arm, leaving out the groan part. He wouldn't want her to know. I moved into the room wth both our breakfast, leaving it covered until I managed to get him up. "Sidharth? Uth, sirf ek hour reh gya hai unke aane mein" I mumble shaking his face lightly. His eyes flickered open much to mu surprise. I'd thought it would take longer.