Chapter 64

He leaves half an hour later, walking into the crowd with a smug smirk plastered to his face, the reason clear after a few minutes. I beam seeing him enter back on stage along with Baaz and both Khushal and Jai, not having expected the sudden performance. I restrain myself from clapping with difficulty knowing my entire mehndi would be ruined if I did so. I hold back the glistening tears in my eyes hearing the sudden punjabi number blare in the back. He walks over taking me in his arms bridal style, not letting any of my mehndi get ruined. The entire moment more magical than it seemed to the bare eye. I wondered if he would've done the same or been the same way if those 5 years hadn't happened, acknowledging how much of a blessing they somewhere were. He sat me back on the chair letting the artists complete once he left. We had a quick picture session right after, perhaps the last few pictures before we had to stay away. We headed back inside joining the loud dances occupying the entire stage, stealing away our families for a quick shoot. "First complete family picture" Sidharth mumbled looking over my shoulder at the raw shot, a blissful smile shining on his lips. "Abhi complete nhi hai" I whisper giving his a sly smirk. He knew well enough what I meant. "Mhmmm? Toh complete kab krna hai?" He asked pulling me closer with his hands wrapped around my waist. I blush at the hoarse tone nudging his arm, disregarding the fact that I'd just brought the topic up myself. "Ab Bol na baby? Kab complete krna hai family ko? Der nhi honi chahiye na? Already bohut late hai hum" he murmured continuing the tease despite the fact that our family stood only a few feet away. "Sidharthh, chhod. Main aise hi bol rahi thi. Abhi kuch nhi krna hai" I revert wiggling out of his hold as quick as I possibly could.

Si - "Lekin Main seriously puch raha hu baby, conversation toh hona chahiye na is baare mein?"

S - " Haan pr aise thodi na conversation krenge, function k beech mein."

We turn to leave hearing Maa call for us, hastily rushing back inside. The guests seemingly having started to leave. I didn't mind that, the entire sitting for more than 3 hours was fairly more tiring than walking around for the same. I head into moms room, letting her put the essential oil on my hands for the better colour. I however knew itd be dark anyways, if the theories of theres were correct, it should be. I got Maahi to help me change keeping her back a few hours to simply talk about all the nothings we hadnt ever since her own marriage. We called and texted all the time but it simply wasnt the same. Jai and Sidharth joined halfway through, their faces exasperated as they waited for the conversation to end.

M - "Aap dono humare room mein jaa kr so jao, baatein khatam kr ke idar hi so jaungi main. Vaise bhi tum dono ka milna mnna hai"

"No way, abhi k abhi apne room mein jao" Sidharth intervened not noticing the smile Maahis face. I looked over at Jai who seemed just as uninformed, however stood up the minute Maahi told them to go.

Si - "Jai, isse lekar jaa na idhar se, pehle hi 2 ghante se baatein nhi khatam ho rahi aur abhi poori raat yaha bitaani hai isse"

"Toh? Dost hai meri jab mrzi jaun. Tum dono niklo, 1 din baad saath hi hoge na? Itna bhi kya problem hai? Chalo niklo jaldi nhi toh Rita aunty ko bula lungi abhi, fir shaadi mein delay hua toh mujhe mat kehna" Maahi uttered urging them out of the room. I frown at her knowing I'd have to spend hours shooing his irritation away the next time we talked. She came back giggling at all three of our expressions, seemingly having the time of her life having annoyed all of us at once.

I fail to fall asleep even though I'd been laying in silence for the past hour. Maahi already knocked out beside me. Sighing I move into the small look over, looking at the sky above. The clear skies were a good portion of the reason I wanted this venue. It was calming, away from the everyday chaos we'd grown used to. I watched the stars every now and then finding it just as fascinating as I did when I was a kid. The mere fact that theyd be nothing but ash after theyd fallen didn't quite dull the spark of them in my eyes. It was practically the most magical thing on earth. Well stars and the northern lights. The latter however was barely ever visible, or simply to hard to catch. Hence the daily appearance seemed more magical to myself. I look up finding a few to stare at while I let my thoughts wander, hopefully tire me enough to help fall asleep. I chuckled at how the first thought was Sidharth, the conversation we were meant to have or simply who entirely grateful I was to have him back as mine. He was the best thing to ever happen to me, including the agony he'd put me through. We wouldn't be here without it. He'd possibly never commit so quickly if it wasnt for that. Words simply couldnt explain how much all of this meant to me, having experienced both his sides, he still managed to mean more than I myself would ever know. I couldnt wait to spend this forever with him. I felt as if this forever even wouldnt be enough time to be with him. I wanted this life and if there was a next to be spent along with him, not wanting my soul to feel his absence ever again. I wanted it to spend the rest of its life with his, holding his and and looking into the beauty of his dark eyes and admire them for however long they could. I looked down thinking about our own small family, one we'd build in the near future. Our own kids. Feeling just as amazing as it sounded. I knew he'd be a great father, he had the qualities of that. The love and care theyd get was at large. One I hoped I could compete with.

I spent the next morning lazing around in bed, the ceremonies being held later in the day left me at rest. I needed it too, the sleepless night I'd spent didn't help with being tired already and our wedding was tomorrow. I wanted anything but darker dark circles or eye bags under my eyes on my wedding day although I knew it was fairly normal. Maa visited twice along with mom, bringing me breakfast and lunch as well as a heck ton of emotions. Mom was still just as emotional as yesterday, perhaps more. I knew itd only increase as the day went on. I myself felt a little lump in the pit of my stomach, leaving my family as a married woman was different than staying away from them. It was all in the feelings. Of course I'd still head over whenever I needed to but my priorities would change overtime and I didn't like that. I didn't like the thought of not spending my grandparents last years with them. A thought I'd always hated even as a kid. I wished grandparents and parents were eternal. Baaz too hadnt met me all day, I knew why. However irritated he might get from me, he loved me the most. My small brother who didn't take longer than a second to act older if needed. I walk out of my room on a hunt for him, hoping I didn't get sent back to my room on the way. To my despise however it seemed that he was still out running errands. I head back to my room strategically running into Sidharth on the way. He seemed just as disheveled as me, sleep clearly having missed him too.

"Bebu?" I call out following him into his room, thankfully not occupied by anyone but us. He looked up not replying, the rough look of his telling me he wouldnt either. I was glad I still had my hands wrapped in the cloth theyd tied yesterday, wanting to see the colour only later tonight. Walking over I wrapped my arms around his torso resting my head against his chest. "Sorry na? Mujhe lgga woh mazaak kr rahi hai pr usne schii mein bhej diya tujhe."

Si - "Tu aa skti thi na uske sone k baad? Ek message tak bhi nhi kiya hai tune kal se, main yahi krta toh abhi tak muh tod deti mera"

I let out a small laugh at his last words, the accuracy dripping through his tone. "sorry, charging pe tha phone. Maine uthaya hi nhi subah se." I respond watching his eyes melt as I place a quick kiss against the nape of his neck. "Mat kr yeh abhi" he groaned gripping me tighter as I did it again. I smile resting my head back against his chest simply intaking the warmth.  "Ek baat puchu?" I murmur drawing letter against his chest, having sat down in his lap as he moved to the foot of the bed. He hummed, eyes fairly closed as he nestled his head into the crook of my neck. "Bache kitne chahiye tere ko?" I ask a small smile playing across my lips as I felt him smile against my neck. "Tu soch k aayi hai is baare mein?" He questions pulling away just enough to see my face.

S - "Hmm, raat ko socha, neend nahi aa rahi Thi toh aise hi"

"Tujhe kitne chahiye?" He asked brushing away a few wisps of hair from my face. "Pehle tu bol na? Maine pucha hai pehle" I argue knowing he'd agree to whatever number I gave him.

Si - "Abhi certain toh nhi hu pr 5-6 toh-"

"5-6?!" I gasp looking up at his face wide eyed.

Si - "Kam hai?"

"Tera dimaag theek hai? 5-6 bache?" I ask still baffled at his response almost relieved as he burst out into a laugh. "Kutta.. jaa abhi mil k dikha tu mere se kal tak, baat bhi nhi karungi. Kich serious bhi discuss krne aao toh faltu mein mazaak krna hota hai isse" I mumble before rushing back upstairs to my room, slightly annoyed with him not taking the conversation I wanted seriously.