Chapter 57

I look up not receiving any reply, finding him staring right back, a blissful smile carefully spread across his face. I inched up pecking the same smile, I wanted it to last as long as it possibly could. Perhaps even the rest of our life.  I felt his arms tighten further around me the covers pulled over both of us the next second. "I promise ab se aisa kuch bhi hone nhi dunga jo tujhe hurt krre, no more tears. Hogya ab bohut. My wife only deserves love and I'll make sure to deliver the same." He murmured ever so softly against my hair. I let out a deep breath against the crook of his neck. He was definitely getting the most of me today. First the "our" and now calling me wife knowing exactly what itd do. I let the happiness over power the nervous thoughts flooding my mind. We'd be perfectly fine.

The next day passed by hastily. The travel to the venue and everything needing to be done up before the Roka and Chunni Chadayi. Baaz kept himself busy with all the decor and food while dad and dadu arranged the stay for the guest as the 3 of us headed to the Gurudwara nearby for the short prayer before the marriage. To say the least I felt like I was on cloud nine. The excitement, nervousness and happiness all bundled up into a ball inside me. The decor and dresses and the entire scene of the venue just made my heart flutter. I knew Sidharths side of the family would be joining later the same afternoon. The entire thought of him doing what he was wanting to had me at my toes. I didn't want to be caught like that by anyone but perhaps our friends who wouldn't make much of a deal. I was glad Khushal was already on his way with Jai and Maahi. He'd been adamant on attending from both side like Jai. I couldnt be happier. After all they were the closest after my family or maybe even before. I head onto my room deciding to take a quick shower before beginning to get ready for the first event of our marriage. Keeping the Roka and Chunni ritual together was an idea I put forward so that having the function together made more sense. Sidharth was already not having the no meeting after haldi. He was slightly.... majorly a little too obsessed with me. Not that I minded, but lets just say we'd switched roles this time around and I was facing a delight watching him act like so. Putting on the outfit, I gave myself a quick lookover. The colour was definitely something new, but I understood why he wanted me to choose the same.  It highlighted my face in more ways than one. I let Maahi and Mom into the room giggling as the admired the choice calling in both the makeup and hair artists soon after hearing that Sidharth and everyone was soon to reach. I gave his messages a quick look, blushing at choice of words and the picture too. Hed chosen a suit the same colour as my dress, his hair gelled back perfectly. I'd probably melt at just the sight. I chuckled at him asking for one in return, deciding to make him wait I texted back a quick response to both the other messages and denied the last telling him he'd only see it in person. After all I wanted to see the reaction too.

Maahi stole away my phone fortunately right after I'd shut it off

Maahi stole away my phone fortunately right after I'd shut it off. I could hear Khushal enter the room pass me a few quick compliments even though half my fave was covered with the makeup stylists hands. I gave him a quick greeting asking him to sit there itself knowing I was about finished. Standing up I helped put the chunni how I wanted, turning back to fish for compliments from the three sitting quietly against the bed. "Ajj toh maar hi daalegi tu usse, I can guarantee aadha time tereko hi ghurta rahega" Maahi chimed only to be interrupted by Khushal.

K - "Arey Bhabi, Aadha time nhi poora. Woh toh natural pe hi fida hai ajj toh vaise hi kehar dhaa rhi ho"

I laughed deciding to tell them not to tell him anything about the look until I descended as they left to greet him. I peeked through the door spotting him quicker than I'd thought I would. He looked insanely hot,better than even the picture he'd sent earlier. I saw him look up a few times, being careful enough to hide well so that he couldn't see. The desperation on his face was cute, too cute to let go so easily. Maahi rushed into the room half an hour later, both Preeti and Neetu di trailing behind. I blushed as the chimed out both compliments and a few teasing looks as they handed me the box with the waist chain, leaving it behind as they headed back downstairs telling me I had another few minutes. I opened the box only to find a small note stuck inside.

"Bhej toh diya hai lekin pehnaunga main hi, usse pehle agar neeche aayi toh fir jo bhi hoga woh meri zimmedaari nhi"

I could practically see the smirk on his face. Moving back to the bed I sat down holding up the chain in my hands. It was beautiful. The shimmering gold and diamonds going well with my outfit. I jump hearing the doorknob turn unannounced a few seconds later. Sidharth stood right outside, Baaz right behind. He gave me a teasing look before disappearing down the hall as Sidharth came inside evidently locking the door. His eyes still stuck on my face as I stood up, trailing lower inch by inch as he stepped closer. The look in his eyes enough of a compliment to make my cheeks a light shade of crimson. I closed my eyes as he stepped right infront of me letting one hand softly cup my face while the other held my waist. "Beautiful Baby.. more than I'd even imagined" he rasped running the pad of his thumb across my lower lip. I blinked open my eyes, meeting his just as he took a step back holding the waist chain in his own hands before kneeling in front of me, his warm breath fanning my bare waist as he snaked his arms around, sliding the chain under the already pinned chunni. "Perfect" he whispered placing a quick kiss against my stomach nibbling the skin on purpose.