Chapter 54

3 weeks later :

Si - "Shehnaaz?! Baby listen na ? Kya hogya? Aise kyun jldi mein nikal gayi waha se? Unprofessional lgge ga na yeh baby? Humara first series ka shoot end party tha, so many people wanted to meet you, aise kaise chli aayi tu? Aur mujhe btaya kyun nhi? Poora shehar ghum kr Ghar aaya hu, itni bhi kya baat ho gyi th-"

He paused as he entered the room staring at my very state in shock. I looked disheveled, same with the entire room and the half packed bag in front of me. Tonight was weird to say the least. The party and the flirting initially done as a joke had left me in a zone I was glad to have come out of. I hadn't minded the initial flirting session he'd had with that girl but the way she continued throwing herself on him the rest of the night was conclusively disgusting. Her introduction wasnt much different neither were the things I'd heard. And as much as I hate to admit I'd let it get to me. Who wouldn't? She was bloody perfect. The curves, the expressions, the eyes, the ease she talked with and lastly the flirtatious dialogue she seemed to have mastered. I was a plain nothing in front of her in my eyes. My habit of putting myself down not exactly gone away just yet. I was insecure. Very insecure and not because I didn't trust him but because I knew what girls could do. She seemed to give no fucks to the ring around my finger or how he admitted the greeting was only a joke and tried to stick around me the rest of the night. I didn't want her to ruin or put an evil eye on what I had so I left having enough of seeing her chase my man like a maniac who'd lost her eyes. The jealousy was crawling up into my mind throwing the scenario of the dance she'd asked him to completely out of proportion.

Si - "Hey... baby shh....look here what happened? Kuch kaha kisi ne? Woh Veer? Usne kiya kuch? Huh? Yeh halat kyun bnayi hai? Jaan?"

"Tu kyun gya uske saath dance krne? Mujhe nhi acha lgga woh sab. Woh itna clo-" He shushed me letting out a little chuckle as he held me against his chest. I didn't say anything else continuing to let the build up of tears flow out my insecurities. He'd done anything and everything the past few months to make me feel secure in this relationship and it felt awful not being able to do that. That too without a real reason. Our marriage was already on cards, the dresses, set up, guests, everything already finished. I didn't want that to happen with me feeling like this. He deserved the trust I was restraining him from. Even today he'd made sure I wasnt feeling left out or weird because of the entire thing with him and the random woman who wouldnt leave him alone. He didn't even get mad at me for being with Veer most of the party. Understanding why I'd been there. Then why in the world was it so hard for me to do the same.

Si - "Kyunki tu abhi ko past se compare kr rahi hai. Party, a girl, me and you. Sab kuch tu uske saath relate kr rhi hai. Its not wrong baby lekin aise sochti rahegi toh kaise chalega? Shaadi k baad bhi aisa huya toh mujhe bhi hurt hoga na? I know ki glti initially meri hai pr I faced the consequences na? Aagey se nhi karunga aisa kuch bhi but is reaction ki jagah tu seedha seedha bol skti thi na? Haq hai tujhe"

S - "Mera dimag khrab ho raha tha. Mujhe trust hai tere pe. Schii I promise bas woh sab nhi chahiye mujhe life mein firse. Tune pehle bhi kuch galt nhi kiya tha pr frame aise hua aur tu chala gya. Yeh bhi uski tarah huyi toh?"

"Veer ne Karan ya Rohan jaise kiya?" He asked pulling my face into both of his hands. I shook my head slightly understanding the point he was putting across the next minute. "We can't carry along all that baggage na baby? Life mein situations hongi lekin we have to face them with a clear slate. Chal abhi jldi se kuch casual sa pehnke aa tab tak I'll take care of all of this okay? We'll go out for dinner okay?" He whispered, the babyish tone he kept using with me for the past few days. I was overstressed and all of it was being taken out on him but still he didn't seem to mind. "Im sorry.. over ho gya mera thoda" I mumble hugging him tighter than before. He returned the same patting my back a few minutes later urging me to get moving. I do the same changing into a pair of leggings and a cropped hoodie brushing my styled hair into a quick ponytail, washing off the layers of makeup. Walking out I found him in his casuals as well, the room already all cleaned up. We head down the stairs passing on taking the lift. The walk was silent for the most part, both of us tired from the last of shoot and well the mess of an afterparty. Landing up at a small restaurant we took a seat in a secluded seat facing away from the rest of the crowd. I sat beside him, sitting quietly as he ordered a quick meal. "Beach chalein? Khane k baad? Idhar paas mein hi hai" he questioned settling back into the seat. I nodded nestling my head against his shoulder taking in the warmth I'd lacked all night.

S - "Bebu?"

He hummed in response letting his hand ever so softly pat my head. "Tu gussa nhi hai? Mere aise krne se? Mt-"

Si - "Maahi ki bachelorette se jab mein kheench k leke gya tha, tu gussa huyi mere se? Upar upar wala toh I understand but real mein?"

"Nhi, mujhe acha lg raha tha, kahi na kahi" I respond not even fazed with him knowing I was only showing the anger. "Fir? Yeh jealousy bhi same hai. Dono mein hai lekin dikhane k taarike alag. Ho jata hai kbhi kbhi it's okay if you know ki aagey se alag way se bhi deal kr skte ho" he concluded passing me one of the drinks the waiter had left. The rest of the dinner went pleasantly well. Talks about both coming projects and making sure we called back home to confirm the arrival of the dresses we'd both gotten designed took over the larger portion. The smaller one passed away in small nothings, conversations that were mostly nonsensical topics I'd picked up around the restaurant or even the short voice mimic  I'd done of someone I'd met back at the party. I spent the walk down the pathway to the beach thinking of how we'd be married in the next 3 weeks. Flying back in around 3 days and getting engulfed right into the celebrations was sounding quite overwhelming. However I knew better than to believe that. We'd have fun. The wedding ceremonies. All of the rituals, family and especially since all of our functions were going to be held together. I loved the sound of it. Being his official wife was no less than a dream and now after a few years of wishing it would happen even whilst the situation life land us up in went on, I was getting it. I was marrying who I wanted. That too whole heartedly and completely in love. I felt him nudge my side gesturing to the small step up. I snuggled further into his side wrapping both my arms around his, laying my head against his bicep not exactly wearing the shoes to allow me to reach his shoulder. Taking a deep breath as we stepped onto the cold sand I looked up at him admiring the features that shone in the dim moonlight. "Sidharthhh? Paani ke paas baith te hai na thodi der?" I mumble stopping his stance towards the little benched area. He nodded following me down to the little space I'd found sitting down right beside me, our legs sprawled over the wet sand, hands subconsciously interwined. "Tujhe ajeeb sa nhi feel ho raha? Mtlb 3 hafte mein shaadi hai humari.. college se yaha tak bohut kuch dekhna pdha na humein?" I ask making him let out a deep sigh seemingly realizing the same.  I remembered exactly how the wedding conversation used to go back then. He was never too sure about it. And I on the other  hand knew I'd have it no other way. "Ajeeb nhi... khushi hoti hai. Bola nhi zyada maine lekin chahiye tha mujhe bhi. Tere saath nhi hota toh kisi k saath nhi hota. I wouldn't do all of that again" he reverted resting his head atop mine. I smiled snuggling closer, the words he'd voiced were a reason I'd believed in him ever coming back. We both weren't likewise to invest ourselves into someone else after what we shared. Not at all. I'd never find someone who even competed with what I felt with just his mere presence and vice versa. Feelings were strictly the only thing you couldn't just copy and paste.

* Next Chapter Wedding Functions and then Wedding, most likely the last chapter of the book.