Chapter 45

"Baby? Uth we're landing..." Sidharth mumbled shaking me for almost the 50th time in the last minute. I was up but had decided to just lay against his arm until we'd landed. Sighing I sit up rubbing my eyes, thankfully not having worn makeup. "Shoot location dekhne k baad so jaana, we have another 2 days until shoot starts, sirf photoshoots hai" he says perhaps trying to urge me to look slightly more relaxed than I did right now. We walk out of the plane grabbing our bags almost instantly before heading down to where our taxi for today was. We'd most likely have to rent a car later, another downfall of not making sure I had made myself at home somewhere around even after a couple years of having to come for work. Id never really been to Mumbai but Id had shoots on the outskirts or a few hours away. Hence Hotels just seemed a easier way to go. We sat in the back staring out at the afternoon crowd as the driver began driving on to the main roads. It was always the same as they showed in films and shows, the media, people, workers or even college or school aged students roaming the afternoon streets, each for their own reasons. "Kal after photos we'll go out? Lunch ya fir Marine Drive, your choice" Sidharth suggests pulling my head back against his shoulder.

S - "Dono?"

He smiles giving me a nod before indulging in the conversation the driver made. I was a tad bit too tired to do the same. I needed coffee or at least something sweet to boost up the energy I lost having to wait 4 hours in a waiting area. I hated every second of it, staying silent or still for that long was practically impossible for me. The crowd of people didn't make it any better. I felt sick by the end of it. I took in a deep breath seeing the boarded building. Just another few hours I think to myself trying my best to smile through the 5 minute conversation with the driver. I felt bad not giving him the same enthusiasm he gave me. He wasn't exactly at fault for the plane taking so long. We walk up the building directed by a sweet woman who'd waited right outside. I could almost see her crush on Sidharth but I couldn't blame her this time. No one looked that good walking out of that long of a flight. Still I ensured to cling alongside him wrapping my hand around his bicep as we get asked to settle into the small meeting room. Veer was next to show up smiling down at me even though the sheer annoyance towards who I sat with shone threw his eyes. I didn't get up to meet him, greeting him only with the falsest smile and a low toned "hi". He took a seat in the empty chair beside me very obviously pissing Sidharth off a tinge. He hid it well under a stiff look capturing my hand under the table. Kaushal and the directing team walked in a couple long silent minutes later. I gave them a smile genuinely ready for all of this to be over so we could see the location. I was hoping it wasnt just a pen-drive this time. The next half an hour explained the remaining doubts I'd had, the story itself was damn confusing in the start which somewhere was a reason behind me agreeing. I needed my mind to be occupied. Sidharth was confirmed as the main male lead, the parts I'd shot with Veer being only something that played in my head. Everything but your typical broken love story. Veer was playing the replacement that tried walking into my life after Sidharths sudden decision to break everything and leave. Almost like Deja vu to what happened in our own lives. The dilemma I was being put through in real life and reel life almost identical however the reel me was more self concerned than myself. Her trying her best to move on almost instantly and succeeding too was not something I'd found. Veers character wasnt as much of a leech. The story was all in all a flashback reality. Half of the scenes being only a flashback of what was and the other half what is. The end however was well a cliffhanger, one that would never happen in reality. We bid an early goodbye after signing the papers knowing we'd need to go back early tomorrow and not being rested would only cause problems that were anything but necessary. I follow Kaushal to get the keys to our hotel rooms, abruptly paused by Sidharth a minute later.

Si - "Kaushal? Dono rooms cancel kr dena, actually we got our own place so zaroorat nhi padegi"

K - "Are you sure? Theyre paid for by the team and I wasn-"

"Sorry dimag se nikl gya tha tujhe btana lekin seriously save the money, we're set" Sidharth concluded pulling me back along with himself, down the 3 sets of stairs. I try asking him what in the world he was talking about but got everything but a real response. He called up the driver asking him to bring over the car as he stood smiling as if he'd just won an oscar. "Mujhe btayega humne kab aur kaunsa ghar liya hai yaha?" I question, my tone slightly louder than I intended.

Si - "Patience baby, patience. Youre going to love it."

The driver arrived just as he finished speaking. I sat in the car still very lost as to where exactly we were headed. Letting it be I sink into the seat hearing my stomach grumble at the scent of the buttery food on stall right outside my open window. Sidharth stopped the car on the way grabbing a few boxes of Domino's before letting the drive continue. I almost dived into the aroma right then and there, knowing it was the only thing that would make me forget wherever we were headed. He smiled furiously reaching a large almost all glass building. Definitely a apartment complex. An expensive one fo say the least. "Y-yeh? Hum yaha kyun aaye hai?" I ask looking around the ground to perhaps find even a single clue.