Chapter 18

It'd been a week since the wedding. I felt better about it all than before but it was still not as great as I wanted it to be. We hadn't had much of a conversation after that kiss. It was mostly due to the hectic events but I could tell she was trying to avoid me too. The reason I didn't know but I knew it wasn't for the fun of it. Perhaps she needed the time and I was okay giving her that. Both moms were happy knowing we'd gotten somewhere along with most of the other people that had found out. I'd also started going back to normal, having actual conversations and work throughout the day instead of sitting alone in a pool of regret. There was still 2 weeks until she was back, our calls very restricted due to her schedule. Still I was happy she made time for those 5-10 minutes instead of blocking me off completely. Right now I stood in my balcony, ending the call with her just 5 minutes ago. She'd started opening up. A little bit at least. I knew some of what happened wth Rohan and Aarti before even the party, the constant taunts and threats now making complete sense. I hated the both of them just as much as I hated myself for letting their plan go through. I watched as the darker night sky took over the layers of the sunset, the extravagant colours disappearing one by one. It was sort of a visualization of what was happening in my life. The calmness of the night taking over the chaos. I sighed moving inside, the fact of not knowing where everything was headed was eating me up. The reality of her possibly saying no was a fear I couldn't get myself over. She'd watched all through the footage too, almost having shrieked at me for being the idiotic self I was. She'd sent it to maa too, who at the moment didn't like me one bit. Khushal and Jai too were completely on her side after seeing the blunder I'd done. I lay on bed letting the memory from the airport drift me to sleep. It was the assurance I had. The fact of her choosing to go with me herself was something small for everyone else but for me not so much. I couldn't stop gushing over it. The small forms of restoring the trust we once had were the only thing that made me stay sane. That and a few of the pictures Khushal had caught of us at the wedding. I smiled putting it away, tomorrow was once again the dreaded day. 6 years since it all. I'd planned on not doing what I used to do before. She was supposed to be free tomorrow, hence the plan to be on call the entire day. I wanted to talk about what was still left, wanting to start fresh once she was back.

The next morning I woke up with a sudden lump in my gut. The feeling of fear only increased because of it. Maa wasn't home either taking away the one person I had to talk about all of this with. Shehnaaz was most likely still asleep because of the time
Zone difference. I sat watching a few things on tv, none of it helping how I felt. The movies were all heartbreaking along with the songs, I switched it off moving back to my room and grabbing my phone. I needed to talk to her even if it meant waking her up earlier than usual. I called a few times, each going unanswered. I call again 15 minutes later, she picked up just as I was going to put it away.

S - "Hello?"

"Tu kahan thi? Roz toh pehle call pe Utha Leti hai, Phir aaj?" I mumble not wanting her to hear the underlying frustration. I could hear the shuffling behind her, not to sure if it was her or someone she was with. She chuckled talking to someone in the background before closing the door. "Sidharth Abhi uthi, Teri call k kaaran. Vaise tu roz Shaam ko call krta hai, ajj kya hua?" She questions seemingly outside now.

Si - "Tu kisi ke saath hai?"

"Haan, Wo Veer hai saath. Production ne rooms book krte waqt kuch mistake krdi toh Abhi yaha hai kuch ghanto k liye." She replied not even dazed by the presence of another person in her room. I huff not wanting to get angry over the smallest of things right now. "Hmm theek hai... aur ajj free hai na?" I ask sitting down against the chair placed right outside my room.

S - "Haan, bas Chota as shoot hai uske baad free. Baaki shoot shayad postpone krna prhe. Weather bohut kharab hair idhar."

Si - "Mtlb jaldi vaapis aa jayegi?"