Chapter 66

Mom comes into the room almost 2 hours later telling me it was time to go into the darbar. I let out a quick deep breath smiling with the crimson covering my cheeks. Dad and Baaz stood right outside, lightly placing their hands on my back as I walked in front of all of them, heading into the main hall. Sidharth looked back as I took a step inside. He looked just as handsome as ever, the gold and maroon making him look more royalty than everyone else in the room. I look up reaching the seat, watching Sidharth eyes follow me the entire time, Khushal nudging him from where he sat beside, passing me a profound smile. I sat down beside him after kneeling before the holy book. He nudged my side mouthing a compliment as I tried to keep my blush and smile minimal. I closed my eyes letting all the nervousness from before fade. There was no room for it when it was him beside me. We sat silently listening to the hymns as directed staying as silent as we could looking for the indication to get up. The words brought me a peace I'd never felt before. They made so much sense with the relationship we shared no matter how much distance or anger we had in between. The mere understanding by the look on the others face or even not letting the egos in between us. I looked up at him for just a sly second, there really was no one else that I'd ever want to sit here with. Dad came forward giving his palla in my hand, quietly blessing the both of us. The anand karaj, 4 Laavan or Phere known more commonly were promises the couple did with the man above. The beauty of A Sikh marriage was the fact that it was not just a physical or legal contract but a fusion of the souls. A union between two souls, where physically they appear as two individual bodies but in fact are united as one. We got up hearing the first of the four phere begin. They explained how ego, selfishness and especially society could interfere in the bond, reminding the couple to listen to none. As we sat down another hymn was sang to indicate the completion of the marriage. The Paathi Sahab walked around the paalki, giving each of us a kesari safaa, as well as getting our signs on the little certificate of marriage we'd get from the gurudwara itself. The Prasad was brought next starting off with the both of us and building its way down the hall. Sidharth clutched my hand in his clutching it under the layers of cloth that lay over it. "Officially mine" he whispered giving me a quick smile. I blushed facing front to keep calm. Our families stepped forward getting another picture before the other relatives came forward doing the same. We got up last moving outside in order to leave for the photoshoot we were having. Sidharth got in beside me gesturing the driver to start the drive. "Hi wifey" he mumbled softy nuzzling against my shoulder. I blush again looking at him properly for the first time this morning. "Itna blush kyun kr rahi hai tu?" He chuckled cupping my face. 

"Subah se boht nervous feel ho raha hai.." I mumble letting out a nervous giggle myself. He chuckled again lightly pecking my forehead. "You look beautiful.... bery very beautiful" he rasped staring still at my Face making the red of my cheeks grow deeper. The car halted reaching the location for the pictures, Baaz and all three of our friends having already reached. I felt a small tingle run down my back as I stepped off the car hand possessively clutched in his. I couldn't grasp the exact feeling I was feeling, my heart having seemingly lost all its intentions of telling me as well. Sidharth stood before me holding my face towards his own. "I love you, look here.. normal hai sab okay? Abhi itna blush kregi toh control completely impossible hojayega, fir mujhe mat blame krna" he muttered making me laugh and drive a ineffective punch into his chest. We move forward getting the pictures we'd selected before hand, taking the next hour to spend a few minutes with each other in between the shots. We head back to the venue, me being sneaked back into my room before he was let back inside. I stood watching the little entry, Maahi's tease session very clearly annoying him to no end. They finished the few games letting him inside, walking him down the hall whilst I was let rest in my room. I scrolled through the few pictures we'd gotten Khushal to take in between the professional shots, loving the entire collection. I smile looking at one Maahi had sent, it was from the darbar, right after the phere.