Chapter 61

He sneaked out before I gave a response, leaving me completely flustered. I touch the small of my cheek, covered with the cold paste. Looking into the mirror I blushed at my now almost disheveled state. I wipe off the little bit of paste from my cheek and neck, brushing my hair back so it covered what he'd done. I pinned up my chunni, making sure it didn't look tp revealing neither too overdone.

(Their outfits)

(Their outfits)

I move downstairs with mom half an hour later holding up the little tray of what was needed for the ritual. I sat down on the little stool placed before the small colourful floor art. Sidharth sat a few feet away completely covered in the turmeric paste. I gave him a quick smile moving my eyes back to the small set up. He passed by continuing to stare all the way until he discretely snuck into my room. I sighed not knowing what to expect next. I regretted the whole challenge I'd given him. The entire kiss thing was definitely way too much.  I put a smile back against my face as mom came forward putting on the haldi technically second. The entire ritual passed by quicker than I thought it would. Maa and mom both came forward tying up the small thread. I smile up at them taking the chunni as I was supposed to starting to move up stairs. Maahi stopped me halfway, smirking towards the direction of the room. "Itne surprises mujhe mille hote toh maine khushi se hi mrjaana tha." She chimed smiling at Sidharth who stood hidden behind one of the big walls. I walk over making sure no one noticed. He was still covered in the paste, passing me a smirk as I came in front of him. "Challenge number 2?" He questioned, the sly smirk still pasted across his lips. "Sid..sidharth, woh rehne do... tu jeet gya already" I mumble not wanting to take the risk I'd invited myself.

Si - "No way baby, I dont give up challenges. Yeh sab pehle sochna tha"

I gasp as he pulled me against himself standing at the visible corner. The risk higher than even before. He leaned against my fave pecking both my cheeks before a quick peck against my lips. "Challenge completed my love" he whispered right before sneaking away, leaving me just as flustered as this morning. I knew for a fact my face was red under the layers of turmeric theyd put against my face. I move upstairs hastily, the smile not leaving my face. Maahi have me a quick smirk as she dropped the simple dress I'd asked for in my room just as I reached myself. I was sure she'd seen us, her face made it quite obvious. I walk into my room deciding to take a quick shower before the sly almost husband of mine arrived. I blushed at the simple thought of it. It all seemed much to surreal to he real and yet here I was living through each moment.  I change into the dress stepping outside with the outfit from before packed into its bag setting it up for sending it for dry cleaning a few hours later. I walk over grabbing the dress for the party tonight. I had restrained from doing too much this time, avoiding the type of dress I'd worn last time for one that was clung onto my body however not as revealing. I move downstairs grabbing a quick drink before I began getting ready for the party. Sidharth guys seemed to have already left,something I was sort of glad for after the stunt we'd pulled. I saw Maahi rushing towards me a wide smile pasted against her face. "Oye sun, shaam ko jis venue mein party hai, inhone camera's set up krvadiye hai unhone" she murmurs joining me back upstairs.

"Pta tha mujhe, kuch na kuch krega woh aisa, tabhi 2 alag alag book kiye the" I giggle showing her the venue we were actually heading to. "Tum dono abhi bhi vaise hi ho, na gussa k hua hai aur na hi jalan. Yeh cameras woh dancer ki wajah se lagge hai na?"

S - "Haan, aur jab tujhe pta tha toh woh sab kiya hi kyun?"

M - "Ussi wajah se baat hone lggi hai tum dono ki, mere pe blame mat kr abhi"

I roll my eyes at her moving to get dressed. Truth was I'd done the same at their venue, the cameras seemed to be an idea we'd both gotten. The only difference that mine had worked and his had not because I was smarter in this matter. Always a step ahead. We head out an hour later, not picking up any of the calls theyd given us. I was sure he was hell bound on finding us and probably would too, but I also knew there wasnt much he could do because of a simple prank. The anger I was used to. It wouldnt be much of an issue. I step on to the small bar watching Maahi chug down a few drinks, leaving her almost completely drunk. I sighed grabbing the last cup and putting it off to the side. "Itna kb se peene lggi hai tu?" I question sitting beside her.

M - "Tu bhi try kr ek baar, at least anj toh bnta hai na baby?"

"Bilkul bhi nhi, faltu mein siyappa ho jayega. Woh already gusse mein hoga all of a sudden drink kr k vaapis gyi toh bp high ho jaana hai uska"I mumble almost able to imagine the entire scene. I move back on stage a few seconds later glad that Neetu di joined. Preeti di was seemingly tired, hence the let off. I didn't want her to over work herself especially whilst taking care of the kids. The rest of the party flew away in laughs and dances, fortunately safe from surprise entrances like last time. Their own venue was emptied too, an hour ago. Seemingly on a hunt for us. I take a deep breath moving up the dimly lit stairs, hoping he hadnt reached my room before myself. To my despise, he sat at the foot of the bed, his face clearly enraged. I walk in locking the door behind me, a shaky smile covering my lips.

Si - "Where the fuck were you?!"