Chapter 58

I walk down the stairs, keeping my eyes on my steps as I descended towards the set up. The crimson on my cheeks from both the way people were staring and what had happened upstairs just minutes ago. Maahi walked me to the little stage,  Sidharth forwarding his hand to help me up from there. The entire place was decorated just how I'd wished for it to be. The dark greens and golds giving the perfect vibe I wanted. "Blush abhi tak bhi nhi gya baby? Abhi toh itne saare functions baaki hai, har function pe aise hoga toh shaadi delay na ho jye" Sidharth whispered, still looking up front at the camera set right below the stage. I nudge him discretely, the tease not helping the state I was already in.  "Muh tod dungi shaadi delay krne ka socha bhi toh" I reverted, the smile on my face contradicting the words I'd said. I saw my parents walk onto the stage along with both my grandparents and Baaz, starting the roka ritual by giving Sidharth the baskets of sweets and fruits along with the boxes of gifts theyd bought for him. I watched keenly as my mom did the tilak, following the exact instructions maa had given. The small moment making my heart swell with nothing but love. Maa and both Preeti and Neetu di came next, the kids and Jeejus followed. I was almost completely covered behind the gifts and baskets the next minute. Maa helped put a few down as she stepped forward with the gold bangles she'd already pestered me to get resized, adamantly handing them down. I smile as she slides them on as both his sisters slid on the heavy chunni over my head followed up with the small dot of mehndi and another set of gifts I couldnt do anything but take. I looked over at Sidharth who sat eyeing us with a blissful smile capturing his face. He blinked his eyes gesturing me to look back up at Preeti di who passed me the engagement outfit theyd gotten designed. Theyd given me the other one I had too, saying that they both wanted to give me one. I knew I was going to have a hard time choosing which one to wear later tonight. They step off the stage, hastily back into the guests as we were td to go rest before the event in another few hours. I follow Sidharth telling Maahi to take the stuff upstairs while I snuck away. I slip through the door just as he went to close it. "Hi baby" he chimed giving me a mischievous smile.

S - "Hi bye baad mein abhi sun.. shaam ko kaunsi dress pehnu main? Agar pehli wali pehni aur Preeti di ko bura lg gya toh? Air nhi pehni to-"

Si - "Dono combine krle na meri jaan. Gold hi hai na dono? Mtlb design alag alag hai pr colour almost same hai toh ek outfit pehnle aur dusre ki accesories. Isme kya sochna hai itna?"

"Mujhe pta tha tere paas idea hoga.. hye rabba tu nhi btaya toh pagal ho jaana tha maine. Chal abhi main chlti hu upar sab arrange bhi krna hai" I smile starting to rush out having gotten the almost perfect solution for the problem I'd been having.

Si - "Aise kaise? Idea dene ka fees bhi lgega na baby? Pehle toh Khushal ne interrupt krdiya pr abhi toh koi nhi ha-"

J - "Yeh galat fehmi hai aapki. Chodo meri behn ko, zyada hi jldi nhi hai tujhe yeh sab krne ki?"

I felt my face redden seeing both Jai and Khushal right behind him, instantly pulling away from the hold he'd pulled me into. I knew for a fact they werent going to leave the chance to tease hence I ran out the next second passing a quick helpless look at Sidharth. He looked annoyed enough to punch the two the minuet I left. He probably did too. They'd been teasing us ever since he'd arrived. Interrupting his chance to get a kiss twice. I blush at the thought yet again moving into my room as quick as I possibly could.

Maahi sat in the room along with mom, working upon setting up the dressing table. I took a deep breath fixing the look on my face knowing well I'd be questioned about my whereabouts.

SM - "Sana? Kidher chali gyi thi tu? Room mein jaane bola tha na?"

I move forward to respond stopping hearing Dadi do the same. "Main leke gyi thi isse, aur 2 minute ki deri ho gyi toh kya hogya? Pasand se shaadi kr rahi hai tu toh Aise inquiry kr rahi hai jaise bhaag ne ka dar ho" she chimed pulling me inside along with herself sending mom out the next second with a quick excuse. I look up at her in disblief, not knowing why exactly she'd lied.

D - "Aise kya dekh rahi hai puttar?"

"Aapne mumma se jhooth kyun bola?" I ask still bewildered with the smile on her face. "Toh aur kya sach bta deti? Teri maa ne aadha ghanta daantna tha tujhe ki aise kisine dekh liya toh kya sochenge. Vaise bhi yeh sab tum dono nhi kroge toh kain karega? Shaadi mein itna sab toh chalta hai. Aur tu apne pati se hi milne gyi thi na aise toh hai nhi ki-"

I hastily shush her hearing mom coming back. To say I was shocked was an understatement and Maahi laughing didn't quite help. Mom looked at both of us confused however restrained from asking why. She stepped back to the table showing me everything she'd put out and asking for things she couldnt find. I sit down finding the ring I was supposed to put on him in a while, the simple outside hiding away the meaning engraved on the inside of the platinum and diamond band. He still had no clue about it, I didn't want him to until once I'd made him wear it.I wanted to witness the smile I knew itd put on his face first hand