Chapter 59

I sat watching through the little video Khushal had managed to create to play later tonight. The pictures and videos both bringing back memories we'd not even noticed we'd created. The fall trips down the long line bridge, recording ourselves running around school hallways or even the hikes up mountains and the Christmas breaks. It was always all 5 of us but somehow we managed to stick out. Perhaps my habit of recording and wanting pictures. There was even one I'd recorded of him peacefully sleeping on my shoulder, the rest of the car blaring music and laughter. I heard a knock on the door, greeted by Maa on the other side. I let her in smiling at Raunak, Riyan and Riyaz who stood beside her only till the door flung open. I chuckled watching them jump onto the bed fiddling with the now empty boxes I had laying around. "Maa aayiye na? Aap kyun nhi aa rahe?" I question seeing her not having moved from her stance.

SiM - "Bas dekh rahi thi, yeh sab abhi bhi tere se vaise hi jude huye hai na? Teeno k teeno"

"Woh toh hai" I give her a smile sitting beside the 3. She joins looking over the things laid out for a few hours later. I restarted the video showing her the same, explaining a few of the outings she had yet to hear about. Raunak stayed back as the other 2 ran out seeing Baaz pass by with baskets full of the colourful cloth they were hanging up. "Tu khush hai na bach is sab se? Mtlb woh sab theek hone k baad turant shaadi, jaldbaazi toh nhi lgg rahi hai na tere ko?" She questioned out of the blue. I felt my smile fade the slightest bit. It bothered me that she was worried about all of that. "Jaldbaazi toh bilkul bhi nhi lgg rahi maa, aur papa ne pehle bhi 3 mahine diye the. Makn toh khush hu ki shaadi us se hor ahi hai jisse main pyaar krti hu, abhi ho ya baad mein is se farak nhi prhna chahiye na? Pyaar toh pyaar hi rahega" I answer placing my hand on hers, beaming at the response myself. It was true too. I'd rather not wait any longer for what I'd yearned my entire life. A small happy family of my own. And after all I had no reason to fear any of it. I knew his entire family, both his sisters and especially his mom. There was always a reason for the connect I'd built with them, the sheerness I shared with his mom was the same as my own. His sisters not much different. I'd wished to be a part of their family for longer than I could count. And the whole event and how maa had came to ask explained exactly why. She leaves soon after needing to go look for something Sidharth had seemingly forgotten. I hoped it didn't bring any problems to the event. Leaving the worries aside I get into the golden dress, putting on the accessories and doing my hair myself. I left the makeup as is not needing to change much of the subtle look I'd gotten. I took a deep breath hearing mom arrive with Maahi, calling me back downstairs. The same staircase now covered with a swift deep red carpet the hall decorated with the same. The small stage however completely changed. The sofa was in the middle of strands of pink and yellow flowers, the background decorations matching the same. I saw Sidharth descending the stairs on the other side, meeting halfway to walk over to the stage. This was supposedly supposed to be our only meetup after tomorrow. We werent allowed to see each other otherwise until the mehndi and sangeet events before which he had his own bachelors and I had mine. The day after composing of my choora ceremony followed by the wedding the next morning. I was happy having a sole wedding in the night but maa urged we do both considering sentiments of both myself and family. Sidharth was both fond and not fond of the idea. The reason being him having to wait a little longer to have me all to himself. I'd chuckled at his complaints not quite foreign to him being adamant. He nudged my arm bringing me out of my daze, seemingly having reached the stage hand in hand. We watched through the video with everyone else followed by starters and a few performances of Baaz, his sisters and brother in laws, Jai and Khushal, Maahi and last but not the least, Raunak, Riyan and Riyaz. I was utterly surprised at how perfect they all did the entire routine, not once letting the ecstatic smiles fade off of their face. "Aur ab, ek last performance. After all jinki shaadi hai agar woh perform nhi karenge toh funtion complete kaise honge? Is baar pakka disturb bhi nhi karunga, promise.?" Khushal announced, shortly receiving one of the cushions from the seat to his head. I looked at Sidharth utterly confused, not having known we were to perform.

"Tu hi chahti thi na sab ke saamne haq rakhun? " he winks holding out his hand with the same blissful smile stretched across his lips as before. I put my hand in his following him off to the little floor space emptied for the performances. I was stunned as the chords started to play, sure I knew it was a slow dance but him putting in a song as such was far from my imagination. He had a hard time saying "I love you" to me itself; voicing it in front of everyone else in the room was definitely not something I'd thought he'd do. He gave me a smile pulling me flush against himself, the distance created only because of the flare of my dress.

"Tere dar pe aake tham gaye
Naina namaazi bann gaye
Ek dooje mein yun dhal ke
Aashiqana aayat ban gaye
Main aur Tum
Kaisi dil lagaai kar gaye
Rooh ki rubaai bann gaye
Khaali khaali dono the jo
Thoda sa dono bhar gaye
Main aur Tum
Chalo ji aaj saaf saaf kehta hoon
Itni si baat hai mujhe tumse pyar hai
Yunhi nahi main tumpe jaan deta hoon
Itni si baat hai mujhe tumse pyar hai"

I blushed not even lifting my eyes to look around. They were captivated in his, him raspily whispering the lyrics leaving me dumbfounded. He gave me a small chuckle letting his lips peck my forehead as he led the both of us around the floor.

" Tum sa, hum sa, koi duja na hoga na hua re
Do dil sa ik seene mein hai jaise Main aur Tum
Ab dono hum ik jeene mein hain jaise
Main aur Tum
Jaan se zyada chaha tumko piya re
Harpal, hardum, humdum tumko jiya re
Aaj saaf saaf kehta hoon
Itni si baat hai mujhe tumse pyar hai
Yunhi nahi main tumpe jaan deta hoon
Itni si baat hai mujhe tumse pyar hai"

I let the lyrics flow into my mind knowing the song as coming to an end. The lyrics definitely stood out. They described us in innumerable ways. I'd always thought of our hearts having been previously connected due to how in love they were amidst our differences. Our lives had always been interconnected to, always having the void of what the other had brought into our life. Me of love and him of stability and trust. I peck his cheek hastily as the attention went back to Khushal and Baaz on stage, announcing to bring the rings. "Zyada daring nhi hogya baby?" Sidharth chuckled as we climb back into our seats. "Main toh humesha se hi daring hu" I revert keeping the smile stretched across my face. I hated that about weddings and stages, the forced smile. Of course I was happy, I always was but having to show that with a constant smile made it seem fake. I'd rather have my face resting, us talking and the camera recording moments that werent well thought of. Both our families step onto stage, along with the three of our friends. They were always close enough to be family itself. I took the ring from the box holding out my hand for his.

K - "Dekhle Sanu, abhi bhi mauka hai, ring phenk kr bhaag ja nhi toh poori zindagi jhel na parega is khadoos ko"

I chuckled shaking my head at the comment before looking back at Sidharth, sliding the ring down his finger. He passes Khushal a quick witty reply before reaching for the ring. It fit over the other one, connecting as one. He smiled keeping my hand in his even after the pictures had been taken. I tried to pull away but he relaxed further into the seat holding it tighter. "Sidharthh! Hath chodo" I whisper trying to keep my face as composed as possible. He simply shook his head focusing back on the food that was soon brought to our seats itself.

SiM - "Sana? Khana ho jaye toh room mein chale jaana dono, subah jldi uthna hai na toh aise thakan nhi lgni chahiye"

I give her a nod, trying to make sure she doesn't notice our interwined hands. "Room lock mat krna, kasam hai tujhe." Sidharth mumbled a second later reaching for the cup of water. "Ajj allowed hai, kal se no entry" I answer taking a bite of the much needed dinner.

Si - "Tere No entry kehne se mujhe koi farak nhi parega, I hope you know that."

I pass him a smirk having thought of a great way to keep him out of my room, following the customs as they were supposed to be. "Chal done, roz aayega pr sirf challenge complete krne k baad. Deal?"

Si - "Challenge kya hai?"

S - "Tu pehle bol haan ya na? Challenge kuch bhi ho tujhe farak nhi prhna chahiye"

Si - "Deal, ab bol"

"Tujhe kal, haldi mein. Mujhe sbse pehle haldi lgaani hogi aur haldi k baad, hall mein hi kiss krni paregi. Agar dono cheeze krli toh main kuch nhi bolungi room mein aane k liye" I smirk, holding back the laugh. I had a full proof plan to let neither happen.