Special Chapter #1

SO I READ YOUR COMMENTS AND HEARD YOUR CRIES SO I'M GONNA MAKE SPECIAL CHAPTERS FOR Y'ALL! HERE IS #1

***

"Alyana Laika Hofferson." The doctor called from the doorway of her office.

I look at my sister who nods with a smile assuring me that everything will be okay. I then look at the guy standing next to me who also smiles and squeezes my hand lightly.

We follow the doctor in her office and each take a seat on the sofa in the office.

The doctor, Dr. Selina Torres sits on the armchair next to where I'm sitting with a clipboard and a pen.

"So, week 6 of your check-up, how are you feeling?" She ask in a very enthusiastic tone.

"Honestly, I'm a bit worried," I said. "I'm worried that I might not get my memories back."

Dr. Selina nods, "Well it's normal when you feel like that given your situation, but I advice you to not let it dominate your emotions, it's not good and your memories might get blocked by stress, we are doing the best we can to help you get better."

I nod, "Thank you so much doctor." I say.

"So, have you been doing the exercise I told you to do everyday?" She ask.

"Yes, and I don't skip any of the food prescriptions and avoid the ones you told me not to take in." I say.

"Very good, and have you been remembering something lately? Or any improvements?" She ask taking a note on her clipboard.

"Lately I've been experiencing flashbacks in my head, or something like deja vu, like this one time I said something to Hiccup that made me remember I once said before but I'm not quite certain it's the exact words but something close to it." I say.

She nods, "Good, good, that's a good sign, and looks like your memories of Hiccup will come back in no time."

For six weeks now since I returned Hiccup, who introduced himself as my boyfriend offered to give me therapy. I've been experiencing memory loss in most of my memories that it's all jumbled up, I remember some people or events and I don't remember the others, all is a black blank in some parts of my head. The doctor said it's the effect of the surgery I underwent so it's expected to some patients, but we're not very certain that I'm able to access my memories back, it's a 50/50 chance which I'm afraid of.

Hiccup had been a very patient person, he always grant my wishes even if it's not necessary, he and his brother Hiro always visits us and spend time with us as much as possible. He's always at my aid, he always understands whenever I have breakdowns whenever I try to remember my lost memories, and he always makes me feel loved.
I might not be able to remember him in my head but my heart doesn't forget, I know that I love him and he loves me the same.

"Just like before, continue to exercise your brain from time to time, don't force yourself always and spend as much time as possible with the people you're comfortable with," Dr. Selina told me. She then turn to the others in the room. "And I advice that you should always make Astrid feel the care and love she needs right now, losing memories is like a dying experience, it can make her depressed and can lead to harmful effects in her brain, so you better keep an eye on her."

They nod in response.

Hiccup puts an arm around my shoulders and kiss my forehead, mouthing the words "I love you."

I smile and lay my head on his shoulder.

After a few words with Dr. Selina we're good to go and we all decided to grab some ice cream before heading home.

Hiro and Gogo were arguing on what ice cream they should have in a dou bowl, Gogo wants mint chocolate while Hiro wants rocky road. And gladly, Hiccup stepped in to stop their bickering in telling them to have both flavors in the bowl instead so they can both have their chosen flavors.

"They can just have single bowls that dou." I say chuckling.

"Let them be, they want it anyway." Hiccup say, serving me my strawberry and chocolate bowl of ice cream with two wafer sticks and fresh strawberries.

He sits next to me, already eating his triple chocolate fudge with a block of chocolate on the side.

"Cheers." He say, lightly tapping his spoon on my bowl.

I chuckle as I take a small scoop. And within minutes my bowl is half empty.

The two lovebirds in the corner are quietly eating while busy on their phones playing mobile games that they've been into lately.

I took another spoonful of ice cream before looking over at Hiccup who's also into his phone.

I pouted. Looks like I'm left out here, I didn't even charged my phone and it ran out of battery before we could reach the hospital.

"Remember this." He say, showing me a picture of me smiling widely at the camera, behind me is the carnival. "I know it's stupid to ask but I just feel like asking."

"It's fine." I say. "What's with that picture?"

"It's my favorite picture of you, you were laughing so hard for no reason, you were like a kid, and I figured I should snap a photo of it." He say, scrolling to more pictures of me and him, there's even one picture where we're wearing big and round spectacles and used foil to wrap around our teeth to act like braces.

"Send me all of those." I say. "I wanna look at each of them, maybe it'll trigger a memory."

"Sure, I'll send them later." He say and put his phone in his pocket before finishing his ice cream.

"Anyone ready to go?" He ask, standing up.

Hiro and Gogo stand up from their seats, still into their phones and followed us out of the shop.

I watch as the two lovebirds start bickering again about their game and Hiccup calming them down.
I couldn't help but smile. I may have forgotten most of my memories, but I'm glad I'm able to make new ones right now, and these people have been my strength to keep myself in balance in everything. I just wish it wouldn't end.

"Hey Astrid, you coming or what?" Gogo called. I didn't notice they're in the car already.

"Coming." I say and got into the passenger seat.

"You okay babe?" Hiccup ask who's in the driver side.

I nod. "Very."

__________________________

There goes #1 I'll make a longer one later. Byers :*