𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The car started off down the street and Elle turned back to se her parents holding each their tightly looking after the car with an aura of defeat. The car in question smelt slightly like smoke and metal. Remus drove quickly and the car squeaked loudly as though it was going to fall apart.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" Elle spoke up hoping to sound confident but the quaver in her voice said otherwise.
Remus looked over sympathetically and nodded heavily.

"It's a lot to take in... I'm sure your parents have done a good job of hiding it" he let out an empty laugh,

"I expect so" Elle murmured focusing on his bony hands as he gripped tight to the steering wheel.

"Well I'm your fathers brother... your uncle but I'm also sure you've never heard of me" She shook her head hoping he'd notice she wouldn't have to speak up again.

"Your father comes from a family of magic... he however can not use magic and he always resented the wizarding world for that so he decided to cut all ties from it"

"I went to a school called Hogwarts and rarely saw Sam... my parents always saw him as a disappointment but I wanted nothing more than for him to be included in the family... he however saw differently"

Remus took a sharp left which jolted Elle slightly as she listened closely to his words.
"Your mother is a muggle... which in our world means non magic born but she knows all about this world, Sam told her which is quite admirable really"

"So I have magic?"

"You have the potential for magic yes but you have to learn it to be able to use it... a lot like learning a language really" he looked to her encouragingly.

"Hogwarts is actually a school for magic?"

"Yes it is the best school for magic and two years ago they tried to enlist you but your parents hid the letter and unfortunately they never tried again"

"So I've missed my chance?"

"Well Hogwarts is a seven year school and usually pupils start when they're eleven but I don't think it's impossible for you to join late.., the only problem is whether they'd let you skip two years or not"

"I'm a fast learner... I'll be able to catch up" Elle rambled excitedly.

"Well I'm glad to hear that... it well definitely come in handy but i think it best if we speak to the school directly to see whether it is in fact possible" Lupin smiled.

The recurring dread rushed over Elle once again and she returned to the panicked state that this was all some sort of joke and that she was actually in danger.

"Are you lying" her voice rang out clearer this time with the strive of confidence she desired,

"No I'm not" he replied blatantly without a change in his expression,