𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

At nine on the dot Elle was stood outside the leaky cauldron waiting for her uncle, an hour after breakfast Moon had returned looking happy with herself obviously having caught some animal to eat.

Elle had spent most of the time pouring over the books finding them more and more interesting with each read. She now stood with her suitcase in hand waiting. Lupin was only three minutes late and he strode quickly towards Elle.

"Did you have a good night?" Lupin asked, taking the suitcase from Elle to bear the load,

"Yes it was good" they got into the green car and Lupin began to drive.

"Did you put the robes you bought in a different bag?" Elle nodded,

"Yeah so I can get changed on the train... I remembered" watching out the window as the streets whirled past,

"Good I have your ticket but I have to explain how you get on the platform... otherwise you'll be stuck"

"Are you not coming in with me?" Elle frowned and Lupin shook his head,

"I'm just dropping you off but once you know what to do, you won't find it difficult I promise.

That wasn't entirely true, running headfirst into a brick wall definitely seemed like a daunting experience for Elle but she had come to fully believe in the world of magic after seeing Diagonalley yesterday.

The car pulled up outside of the train station and Lupin turned to face Elle,
"Hogwarts is an amazing place, don't take it for granted" he smiled "I may write to you at some point near Christmas to let you know what's happening but if you don't hear from me stay at the school ok?"

Elle nodded to show that she understood. She felt more vulnerable being alone in the station. She placed all of her belongings onto a trolly along with Moon. People began to give her weird glances as she walked through the station with an owl. She didn't blame them, a few days ago, she was them.

The ticket she'd been given was golden and had platform 9 and 3/4 imprinted on the front. It all seemed very strange to her but Lupin had explained exactly what to do.
As she approached the gap between platform nine and ten she heard a gaggle of voices coming from a family of gingers standing by the platform.

She watched from a distanced as they argued over who should go first. Among them was a boy with jet black hair who looked out of place surrounded by the fiery children.

One of the gingers looked up and made eye contact with Elle who was trying not to be seen, he didn't say anything he just smirked and went back to talking to his family.

"He's not Fred I am, call yourselves our mother"

"I'm sorry George"

"Just kidding I am Fred"