𝟏𝟐𝟔. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Dumbledores funeral took place in the Hogwarts grounds. He would have liked it that way.
So many people turned up to say goodbye. The students were all allowed to come, the teachers, the order of the Phoenix, members of the ministry including (much to Elle's dismay) Umbridge, Hagrid brought his 'younger brother' who was about twenty foot tall, the merpeople came to the surface of the lake, the centaurs stood at the edge of the forest.
He would have liked the send off.

Elle arrived with the twins who wore matching black jackets for the occasion. All the Weasleys turned up ,even Percy though he didn't come say hello. Elle sat solemnly holding George's hand as people around addressed the shock waving over them.
Dumbledore may have been old but no one had imagined him dying anytime soon. No one.

Hagrid brought out the body, it was wrapped in a purple velvet lined with stars. It looked like the robes Dumbledore would always wear to the end of term feasts.
Students new and old were gathered around, there wasn't enough seats for everyone. People started summoning their own or just bringing them out of thin air.

The concealed body of Albus was lain on a surface of shining white marble that reflected the sun so brightly it almost looked like a gift from the heavens.
Hagrid was crying loudly as he walked back up the aisle in a ridiculous looking brown hairy suit and yellow and orange tie.
He sat back down next to his giant brother as he cried into a large purple handkerchief.

A short balding man stood up before the platform and began reciting a poem. The words flowed out like wisps of smoke, delicately and quietly. But everyone was listening.
Elle gripped George's hand tighter as the man began to speak.
She had never known Dumbledore well, they'd met a few times usually to discuss Elle's dreams but his death was not only sad for the obvious reasons but also because it highlighted the beginning of the end.

Everyone was thinking it, no one yet dared to say it. Saying the words out loud would make it true and that was the last thing that anyone wanted.
Dumbledore had been the last one he feared, the last hope of stopping him. Sure Harry was supposed to stop him but what chance did a sixteen year old boy have against the darkest wizard alive. He'd avoided him once but it was unlikely he'd manage it again.

The man stopped speaking and there was a spattering for applause.
A sound came from the water edge, everyone turned their heads to see that the merpeople were in fact singing. It wasn't a lovely sound to listen to nor was it bad.
The noise emitting from the water could only be described as the sound of grief.

They sang their song before turning and delving back into the depths of the waters. Their tails slipped into the air under the sun before they disappeared beneath the murky waters surface.
Four or five wizards pointed their wands at the cloaked body lying on the marble stature.
With a creaking groan, the marble began to move and cover the body as it transformed into a glowing white casket.