𝟖𝟓. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The entrance to the Gryffindor common room flew open and a flurry of people cam flying through,
"Where is she?" Lee Jordan yelled. Elle looked up from her book calmly to see seven shocked faces staring at her.
"That was bloody incredible" Fred yelled "her face when you walked out was priceless" Elle smirked to herself.
"Are you ok?" Angelina rushed over taking a different approach "what she said about your uncle was out of order"

"I'm alright" Elle smiled "i was obviously fuming but I'm all good now" she winked at George who was beaming at her in pride,
"I've never seen you do anything like that before" George called "I'm impressed"
"Well Umbridge definitely isn't" Elle shrugged,
'Who cares what that bitch thinks" Alicia beamed as she threw herself down on one of the chairs.
"Not me" Elle grinned "because I'm dropping defence against the dark arts"

Everyone gazed at her in disbelief, Lee even dropped the stack of books he'd been holding,
"You're dropping the subject?" Fred gasped "are you sure you're feeling alright?"
"Better than ever" Elle beamed "I'm not putting up with that cow"
"Are you sure?" Angelina muttered "what if you regret that later?"
"I was never very good at in anyway" Elle shrugged "anyway it won't be very useful anyway will it, if we're not doing any practical work"

"She's not wrong" Lauren sighed "I can't believe we're not even going to be using spells, I'm definitely going to fail the exam now"
"Same" George sighed "I always thought defence against the darks would be fine as long as we didn't have Snape, now I'm not so sure"
"I am" Katie muttered "I'd still take Umbridge over Snape"
"Your lucky you got away with speaking to her like that Elle" Alicia grinned "she was so angry"

"I didn't get away with it" Elle sighed "I've got a detention tomorrow"
"She gave you a detention" Fred gawped "on the first day... I don't think we've even managed that"
"We have" George corrected "second year"
"Ah that's right" Fred muttered before laughing to himself obviously remembering a funny memory.

"Still you got a detention before anyone else this year" Lee nodded "that's definitely impressive"
"I don't think I can stand spending any time with that woman" Elle groaned "I bet her office smells as bad as the classroom"
"Ugh that perfume was horrible" Lauren shuddered "who even sprays that much?"
"Maybe she's a troll in disguise" Lee suggested "has to mask the smell"
"She definitely has the looks"

✰✰✰

After dinner the group looked forward to sitting around the fire and talking into the night but as they all took their seats they were interrupted by Angelina staring at them,
"Ally, Elle, Fred, George you can't stay up late tonight" She instructed and everyone gave her a weird glance,
"Why not?" Fred protested,
"Because quidditch trials are tomorrow at four" she stated promptly before striding off to the dorms.

"On a week day" Alicia groaned "she's really taking this captain thing very seriously"
"We better go then" Elle frowned "she's not making us try out again is she?"
"No just the keeper I think, it would be a waste of time to try us out again" George shrugged before the four of them headed off to bed.