𝟓𝟓. 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle couldn't convey the emotion that contained her even if she tried. Truthfully in this moment she would argue that she'd never been happier, although her mind was a messed up place, this kiss seemed to set things right.

She just stood starring at George in an awestruck expression, still not quite believing that he had felt the same about her all this time. But he did. Although the Weasley brother was partially feeling guilty right now for getting everything so wrong, he was also filled with the same enthralling emotion.

"Well that was something" George smirked breaking the silence that had fallen over them like a cloak.

"You're not too bad at that" the brunette winked,

"Too bad?" He huffed "I'd like to see you do better"

"You just did"

The two made their way back to the common room trying to work out an explanation that would satisfy the group. After all Elle had just lashed out at Fred for no reason.

Elle worried that Angelina would assume that Elle did this because of what she had confided. Of course that was ridiculous it often when someone has a secret it tends to eat at their minds.

"Maybe just tell Fred that you thought he was me?" The ginger pondered as they approached the portrait,

"But I can tell you apart"

"Not the other night you couldn't"

"Well that was different it was dark and you were deliberately acting weird" she snapped and George put his hands up in defence causing Elle to soften, "I'm sorry I just feel bad about how I acted towards Fred"

"It's fine he'll understand... well not if you tell him the truth please don't do that" George immediately panicked as the portrait opened,

"I won't don't sweat it" Elle nudged him playfully as she stepped into the entrance first.

✰✰✰

The group were in their usual seats by the fire, Fred looked up nervously as the brunette appeared and Elle's heart panned at the look of regret and confusion in his eyes. Angelina was sitting close to him with her hand on his shoulder.

"Fred I'm so sorry" Elle blurted out and the twin seemed to relax slightly however confusion was still evident upon his face,

"Care to explain what happened?" Angelina frowned, Elle's breath hitched as she realised she would have to go with the 'wrong twin' argument as she had no other plan.

"I thought you were George" the group stared at Elle in shock, she had never openly admitted to messing up the twins names. In fact she had usually proudly stated that she could easily tell them apart, "I was tired and in a bad mood so... I wasn't paying attention"