𝟒𝟗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The group all joined into the boys tent for a celebration that night. Fred and George were dancing around signing at the top of their lungs while Elle laughed hysterically while drinking some butter beer.
"I just love Krum" Ron sighed absently staring off into the distance "he's not a man... he's a god" The girls sniggered as the twins jumped up chanting Krum as they ran stupidly around Ron.
"Krum, Krum, Krum"

"He soars like a bird" Ron gushed as the twins started flapping their Irish flags around being them mimicking the appearance of wings.
"I think you're in love Ron" Ginny smirked,
"Oh shut up" Ron protested but the twins had already heard,
"Victor I love you"
"Victor I do"
"Whenever apart my heart beats only for you" everyone in the tent sang loudly and then broke into fits of laughter. A loud explosion sounded from outside the tent and everyone turned to look at each other in curiosity.

"Sounds like the Irish is getting their pride on" Fred smirked as Arthur came running back into the tent,
"It's not the Irish, everyone come on we need to go" he yelled and suddenly the cheerfully energy in the room was gone. The group pushed their way out of the tent and were greeted by loud explosions and fire all around.

Elle heard screaming cries and yelled names as everyone sprinted in different directions trying to get away from the chaos. As the brunette looked at the direction where the people were running from she saw a group of cloaked figures wearing silver masks. They were striding ominously through the crowd while chanting some words Elle could not hear.

"Fred, George, Ginny is your responsibility" Arthur boomed as the ginger girl was pulled close to Fred immediately. Elle grabbed George's hand out of fear without thinking but felt him intertwine his fingers and grasp her hand tightly.
The four of them began running with the rest of the crowd. For a moment Elle knew that the other three was following closely however the next time she turned around she could no longer see them. George ran a lot faster than her and was practically dragging Elle behind him as he ran. His grip never loosened on Elle's hand as he ran intact it seemed to get tighter as the fire and screams became louder.

Elle turned to see whether the cloaked figures were following or not but as she did so she must have misplaced her foot which sent her hurtling to the ground. George's hand slipped out of hers as she heard the thunderous footsteps race past her. She rolled on her front and began to push herself up believing that George must have kept on running. That was until she felt a hand secure round her forearm which dragged her up. There was George staring at her in concern. They didn't have much time to stand around and instead kept running as fast as they could into the woods that they had come from.

"We have to get to the port key" George called over the noise and Elle nodded knowing full well that he wouldn't see her. As they entered the woods, the calamity seemed to be wearing off. It didn't take long for them to find Fred and Ginny who were standing with their backs against a large tree while panting for breath. Elle had noticed that George had gone back to holding her hand. His palms were strangely cool as he gripped onto her.
"What the bloody hell is going on" Fred gasped as the two made their way over,
"I don't know" George muttered "but I hope the others are ok" the other three silently agreed as they watched the crowds of people running past hoping that one of them would be their family. For a while they didn't come.