𝟑𝟕. 𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"Ginny Weasley has been taken"

The twins jumped up immediately in shock, Elle could see their fists clenched and their faces grow pale. However before they could yell and enquire, McGonagall had left the common room saying that she had to return to the staff meeting. Fred turned to Percy who was sitting across the room on one of the staircases, he walked over quickly to go talk to his older brother and George collapsed back onto the sofa visibly shaking.
"Ginny she's... only eleven" his voice shook just as Minerva's had. Elle laid her hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him knowing that nothing she did could ever make this better. Their sister had been taken and they didn't even know if she was alive.

Elle had seen Ginny around a lot, she'd always seemed so excited to be in the school which reminded Elle of how she'd been last year. She didn't deserve this at all and the thought of a monster taking an eleven year old girl made her blood run cold. She had no idea what to say to George and she felt awkward still sitting with her hand on his shoulder. Fred was arguing heatedly with Percy about something or other, probably to try and distract from the actual situation. To her surprise George shifted his arm around Elle and pulled her closer to him so his chin was rested on her head, he didn't say anything but Elle couldn't comprehend what he was going through.

"Elle" he muttered as she held onto him tightly as though she would fall if she let go,
"Yeah"
"Everyone staring at me" he whispered, it was true since McGonagall had told the news about Ginny all eyes had been on the other Weasley kids.
"Just ignore them" she replied knowing that this was a difficult thing to do.
"It's not that... I don't want to lose it in front of everyone because I feel like I'm going to Elle" he blurted out. The brunette sat up and gazed at him sympathetically. She could see his brown eyes were slowly becoming foggier as his skin still paled more than usual.

"Go up to your room, no one will blame you for wanting to get away"
"But what if McGonagall comes back with more news?" He asked frantically,
"Then I'll come get you"
"I won't be able to sleep" he contradicted,
"I know you won't, but it's somewhere quiet"

✰✰✰

George decided to listen to Elle and disappeared up the staircase leaving Elle alone on the sofa with her knees pulled up to her chest. Thoughts ebbed through her mind like wildfire about the monster and Ginny and Harry and Ron who no one had seen since this morning. It all seemed weird and terrifying and now more than ever Elle wished she'd left with the other students in March, she wished that she was in her muggle bed knowing their was no danger to face.

She loved the magical world more than anything but sometimes she missed living a muggle life, it was a lot less stressful after all. If someone had told her two years ago that she'd be sitting in a magic school hiding from a monster she would have laughed and rightly so.

Eventually the room cleared, people muttering goodnight staying quiet to not disturb the utter silence in the common room. Elle could still smell the scent of cinnamon where George had been sat as she leant her head on the arm of their chair and pulled one of the throws hastily over her.