𝟒𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle followed the snake without thinking. She was scared but intrigued and her mind egged her on as she walked hastily through the grass towards the tree. She hoped for her sake that the animal hadn't noticed her presence. It slipped past the tree and into a passageway Elle had never noticed before.

She knew that if she approached the tree, it would not go unnoticed and she'd probably be beaten to death but she knew that she had to follow this snake. Her mind wasn't giving her another option. She ran as fast as she could at the passage way ignoring the swinging branches trying to hit her. One of them slashed at her face and she felt it cut into her cheek. She winced but kept running knowing it would be worse for her if she stopped. Elle was almost there now. She threw herself at the opening and felt herself fall through. She had done it.

The brunette lay still for a moment on the dirt ground listening carefully for any sign of the snake. There was no sound expect the continuous thrashing of the branches outside.
Hastily, she made her way to her feet and noticed that she was in fact in a passage way. She walked slowly now wishing she hadn't ventured after the creatures, however going back meant going past the whomping willow again and she couldn't do that.

She walked carefully down the tunnel wondering where it would lead her. As she come out of it she was presented by a wooden staircase which seemed old and beaten. There were fresh mudded footprints on them which alerted her that someone was in here with her. However she'd assumed that already. The building she was in was completely made out of wood, all the windows were boarded up and the walls and doors were covered in scratches. Elle recognised it to be the shrieking shack and felt fear wash through her at the thought. Everyone said this was the most haunted building in England which just put her on edge.

✰✰✰

As she carefully pushed open one of the doors she felt a cool breeze hit her and jumped back in surprise. She continued to walk in now pulling her wand out of her pocket for protection and holding it out as steadily as she could in front of her. She tried to walk confidently into the room but noticed that she was shaking. As she looked around she saw a ripped up sofa and mangled curtains and felt more scared than before. There was an old piano in the centre of the room and a bed in the corner.

Suddenly the door slammed behind her and Elle spun around in fear. This fear overwhelmed her as she saw the man standing next to the door. He was tall and pale with sunken eyes and long matted black hair. Tattoo's covered his forearms and Elle could see one of them was the dark mark. Elle may be meeting this man for the first time but she had seen him countless times before. It was Theodore Sanders.
Silence fell upon them as they stared at each other, he had no wand as it would have been broken when he got sent to Azkaban, he was defenceless but seemed to be less scared.

"Who are you" his voice was hoarse and low,
"Elle" she practically squeaked as she pointed her wand directly at him,
"You going to kill me Elle?" He raised one eyebrow as though testing her, she didn't reply but kept her wand pointed at her.
"How did you get here?"
"I followed you... you're an animagus I know you are" he seemed taken aback by this statement,
"How do you know that?" Elle began to realise that she didn't want to tell him the truth, she couldn't but as the twins constantly pointed out, she was a terrible liar.