𝟏𝟏𝟎. 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Verity arrived before the twins the next day. Elle wasn't entirely sure where they had gotten to but she was glad the keen blonde had shown up. It seemed she ran with the theme of purple and green clothing as she came in wearing a green silken skirt with a purple jumper on top. Elle was reminded of the cartoon character 'Daphne' from Scooby Doo however Elle doubted Verity would get that reference.
She'd brought two bottles of dandelion juice from the leaky cauldron which the girls sat drinking at the till waiting for the twins return.

They were nearly finished their drinks by the time that the two red heads arrived. Elle looked up in excitement to see them lugging a large trunk through the door that Elle was sure was filled with supplies.
"You're back!" Elle jumped up happily and made her way over to welcome George with a hug. "I've missed you both".
She laughed as George abandoned helping Fred with the trunk to give Elle a proper hug.

"You've missed me more though, right?" George smirked as he placed his hands either side of Elle's face and brung her in for a kiss,
"Course I did"
"Locamotor trunk" Fred flicked his wand carelessly sending the trunk gliding upstairs.
"You couldn't have done that earlier?" George frowned.

"Anyway" Elle interrupted "this is Verity, our new employee" the blonde stood up happily and made her way over to Elle.
"Nice to meet you" George grinned as he shook Verity's hand eagerly. Fred turned around from the boxes he was now levitating in.

They crashed to the floor causing everyone to jump,
"Nice one Fred" George grunted sarcastically. Fred stumbled slightly before holding his hand out towards Verity,
"I'm um... Fred... yeah I'm Fred" he stuttered causing his brother to snort quietly,
"Great to meet you" Verity beamed back as they stopped shaking hands and just looked at each other awkwardly.

"Verity went to Hogwarts" Elle butted in "she was two years above us... in Hufflepuff"
"Yeah I thought I recognised you" Fred smiled,
"I can't thank you enough for the job" she continued as silence fell again,
"Well it's Elle you should thank" George muttered as he opened the boxes hastily to see if his brother had broken anything.

✰✰✰

The choice of Verity as the new shop assistant seemed to go down well with the twins, especially Fred who seemed to freeze comically every time her name was mentioned.
"He's got a crush" George laughed as he and Elle lay in bed on Saturday night,
"Yes it's quite obvious" Elle smiled "that's a good thing though, Verity's nice after all

"Course it's a good thing" George grinned "after all I feel bad him having to third wheel all the time"
"Yeah me too" Elle sighed as she lay contently opposite George,
"We're going to the burrow again tomorrow" yawned George "if that's alright with you"
"Course it is, I love going there your mother is an amazing cook"

"Yeah well she's a bit nervous because Bill's bringing his girlfriend over for the first time,
"I didn't know Bill had a girlfriend"
"Yeah he has for a while" George muttered "I haven't met her personally but I know her names Layla"
"Well I'm sure she's nice" Elle murmured quietly as she felt the weight of the day take a toll on her.
Before she knew it, she was fast asleep.