𝟔𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The letter from her brother had certainly thrown Elle of course. Half her mind had expected she'd never see or hear from him again. After all they'd only met briefly and she wasn't sure how keen he'd be about having a sister.

However she was certain that she believed him about what he'd told her regarding his past. At first she wasn't so sure, after all being naive was one of her weaknesses. But she'd seen that Remus had trusted him back in the shrieking shack. That must count for something.

She also knew that Sirius was innocent. Through she hadn't gone telling people that. If Theo was travelling with Sirius she was sure that must provide truth on the matter as well.

It was the day before Elle was supposed to go meet Theodore down in Hogsmeade. The group were excited to go back down the the little village again considering they hadn't had a chance yet since December.

"Wait til I get into honeydukes" Alicia swooned excitedly "I've almost got though my entire stash from Christmas"
"Yeah we need to go to Zonko's" Fred nodded importantly,
"I've missed butter beer" Lauren gazed off dreamily into the fire.

Elle on the other hand knew she couldn't announce to the group that she was going to see her brother. Anyway, only Fred and George knew the whole truth about Theo and she wasn't about to expose it to everyone.

✰✰✰

She'd found Harry sitting alone in a quiet corner in the library reading up on potions. She approached him carfully not wanting to give him a fright since he seemed quite enthralled in his book.

Elle didn't know the boy too well. Their relationship didn't stray too far off the quidditch pitch and since that was cancelled this year she hadn't really talked to him too much.

However Elle knew her mission would be accomplished quickest if she went with Harry to meet Sirius and Theo. She didn't doubt Harry would be bringing along his two companions (Ron and Hermione) as they went with him most places. But she didn't see how this would stop her tagging along to.

"Hey Harry" she smiled awkwardly while taking a seat opposite him. He looked up in surprise to see her but smiled nonetheless.
"Hi Elle, good to see you" the boy was always so polite, she doubted that he was really that glad to see her after all he didn't know her all too well.

"I need to talk to you about..." Elle looked around cautiously wondering if anyone could be listening in,
"The trip to Hogsmede?" Elle frowned in confusion but nodded "Padfoot told me that you might be coming" she knew Padfoot was code for Sirius from her experience with the marauders map, Lupin had informed her he and his school friends had created it.

"Good" Elle beamed, glad she didn't have to ask awkwardly if she could tag along "should I just meet you in the common room tomorrow?" Harry nodded,
"See you then".