𝟏𝟎𝟑. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Educational decree number 28: "Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"It's a nightmare" Alicia grumbled "a complete and utter nightmare"
This was the thought flooding everyone's minds. School had already seemed duller than usual however with the introduction of Umbridge as headmistress, things were bound to get worse.
There were new rules coming out left, right and centre including the banning of any Weasley products (which Fred and George were furious about) as well as more trivial punishments such as boys and girls not being able to stand within eight inches of one another.

For the most part, people were ignoring the rules. To the twins surprise they were actually getting more and more orders now Umbridge had banned their products.
All of the DA members had been given a months worth of detentions which took place in the great hall every evening. If Elle wasn't sure she was going to fail her Newts before, she was now.

If things couldn't get worse, Umbridge had hired an inquistorial squad (which was comprised of Slytherin students) and was allowing them more privileges such as being able to deduct points.
Elle lost ten points from Gryffindor purely because 'she looked at Pansy weirdly'.
"Sorry" Elle smiled sarcastically "I just thought it was weird that someone let a troll come to Hogwarts.
She'd lost another twenty points after that.

Elle's eighteenth birthday had been one of her worst yet. Since she was young she'd always been looking forward to this day as in the muggle world this was went people became of age however in the magical world she technically already was of age which meant it wasn't all that exciting.
However (just as he had done for the twins) Lee bought a bottle of fire whiskey which they all drank happily in small portions.

✰✰✰

A day after she'd turned eighteen, she had been sitting in the great hall eating lunch when the twins sat in front of her with mischievous expression on their faces. Elle stopped eating her sandwich and looked at them warily,
"What are you two up to?"
"That's exactly what we wanted you to ask" Fred beamed,
"You see" George continued "we've been planning on messing with Umbridge for a while,
"I wouldn't do that if I were you"
"We're not bothered anymore, we would leave this place right now but we haven't caused enough havoc yet" Fred beamed,
"Anyway our plan is happening in about five minutes so I'd get yourself away from here so she doesn't suspect you were involved"

Elle frowned at them,
"What are you going to do?"
"You'll see" Fred winked before they both darted away. Elle sighed loudly before grabbing her bag and making her way to charms.

She was about halfway there when she heard a loud bang coming from the great hall. It was slowly followed by a few more. She turned to see students running towards the noise along with Umbridge who looked furious.
"What the-" Elle began as a blaze of light engulfed the end of the corridor "were Fred and George blowing up the school"
Elle decided to follow the crowd of students to see exactly what was going on.