𝟔𝟖. 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Something that sixth years had grown accustomed to (other than the pleasant excess of free periods) was the introduction of apparition lessons.

Elle had proven that she definitely excelled at this. Whether it had something to do with her gift of foresight or just because she was oddly good at teleporting, there was no denying that she was talented at it.

The apparition teacher (Wilkie Twycross) had been so happy with her improvement in the lessons that he'd written home to her parents about how impressed he was.

Although Elle was assured her parents would be rather confused and concerned about the idea of their daughter apparating, they took it upon themselves to inform Remus about this letter as they knew he would understand.

She received two letters one morning while sitting at the Ravenclaw table (which had become her permanent seating arrangement).

One of the letters was from her parents which although was slightly off topic and confusing when it came to the subject of teleporting, still had an ere of congratulations which Elle was happy about.

The other letter was from her uncle who actually understood how big of a deal a successful apparating experience was. He thoroughly congratulated us niece while repeating how proud he was.

The letters definitely raised Elle's spirits as well as making her feel more confident about the upcoming apparition exam taking place later that week.

✰✰✰

Lessons had been taking place regularly and each time Elle had been improving her skills by transferring herself further and more accurately every time.

Exams took place towards the end of April for everyone who was turning seventeen prior to this or around this date. Considering Elle was lucky enough to be born on the 15th of April, she was able to get in the first batch of tests.

Patrick has made the decision with his head of house (Professor Flitwick) to move down a year. He told Elle this was because he wanted to be able to get the best grades he could while Anna said he wasn't ready to leave Hogwarts at the end of the year.

This being said he was also taking his apparition exam as he had unfortunately failed it when he'd initially taken it the year prior.

Anna and Patrick were also able to join in these exams as Patrick was born in november while Anna was born in January.

They talked about it a lot towards the last week in april as it was exciting to them. The idea of being able to be in one place one second and then magically appear somewhere else.

"as soon as the holidays come i'm apparating my self far away from my dad and never coming back" Patrick stated surely,
"you'll splinch yourself if you try to go too far" Anna shuddered "just imagine showing up at your destination missing a limb.