𝟓𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"We've done it" Elle turned to see the twins running into the common room holding two vials of some liquid.
"Done what?" The brunette closed her book promptly knowing there was no way she'd get any work done with the twins present,
"It's an ageing potion, to get past the barrier" they beamed excitedly "are you coming?"
"Are you both idiots?" They're smiled dropped,
"No we're geniuses" Fred countered,
"If that works I'll give you all my life savings"
"That would be helpful" George muttered before Fred nudged him in the arm. Elle wondered what that was all about as she jumped up and began following the twins down to the great hall. They had no doubt in their mind that it wouldn't work. Fred had been the one to come up with it, Elle knew this as he wouldn't stop bragging about his incredible idea. George seemed just as excited as they approached the double doors.

The twins ran off ahead into the hall and were greeted with cheers as Elle walked in with her arms folded behind them,
"We've only gone and done it" they yelled,
"Ageing potion, cooked it up this morning"
"It's not going to work" Elle heard the knowledgable voice of Hermione granger coming from the hall.
"And why's that" George smirked as the two leant down next to Hermione,
"You really think that Dumbledore ,one of the greatest wizards of all time, is going to dim witted by an ageing potion?"
"That's what's so great about it"
"Because it's so incredibly dim witted"
Elle game to sit beside Hermione and shook her head while smirking. Both girls knew that this was going to backfire on them.

"Ready Fred?"
"Ready George"
The two boys crossed arms and poured the vials into each others mouths before jumping dramatically over the line. Elle raised her eyebrows in surprise as the two of them made it over.
They stood for a moment anxiously before cheering to themselves, then they smugly dropped the pieces of paper with their names on into the goblet.

"Wait for it" Hermione muttered as she turned a page in her book. Elle watched as the twins danced around happily. For a moment everything seemed fine until the blue flames within the goblet began to flash and explode. They jumped in shock as a large force seemed to throw them out of the circle and onto the floor at the back of the hall along with their pieces of paper.
Elle jumped up immediately to go and check on them. As she walked over she noticed that the twins were beginning to grow long white beards and their hair had turned white. They looked at each other in surprise before launching.
"You said" George yelled,
"No you said" Fred countered as the two rolled around fighting on the floor tripping over their beards.

Elle was clutching her stomach completely beside herself with laughter as she watched the now elderly looking twins catfight on the hall floor.
"That's enough" she wheezed as she grabbed hold of the back of one of their robes (no longer being able to tell them apart as they were submerged in white hair). She pulled him off his brother and he almost fell back into her.
"Come on we'll go to the hospital wing" she smirked and the two boys begrudgingly followed.
Just as they were leaving the double doors opened and the Durmstarng headmaster Karkarov walked in with Krum by his side. The twins stared in amazement at he seeker as he walked into the blue ring and placed his name calmly into the goblet. Elle noticed him smirk slightly at Hermione as he passed and the girl blushed to herself.