𝟏𝟎𝟕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle couldn't believe that her time at Hogwarts had come to an end, fair enough she had only experienced five years instead of seven. However these five years had still gone past in a blur leaving her wondering where all the time had gone.

A lot happened towards the end of the term. Umbridge had apparently gone into the forest to challenge some centaurs and hadn't come out until Dumbledore (who returned shortly after) strode into the forest to retrieve her.

Since then she'd been lying up in the hospital wing looking disheveled and terrified. Elle herself hadn't seen her but she'd heard descriptions from those who had gone in an attempt to talk to Harry.

✰✰✰

Everyone wanted to talk to Harry now. They wanted to ask him questions about what had happened at the ministry. It had been confirmed in the daily prophet that Voldemort had returned. Of course Elle had already known this but she was glad everyone else did too.

The story went that Harry and a group of friends had broken into the department of mysteries to steal a prophecy before Voldemort got to it himself. Eventually Dumbledore had to fight off Voldemort leading to him being seen by several ministry employees.

The news of Sirius Black's death had also been published in the daily prophet. Elle had almost choked when Katie had been reading it out. She couldn't tell her friends that she had met Black so she left quickly before they asked why she seemed so upset.

Elle couldn't believe that Sirius was dead. Granted she hadn't known him that well, she'd only met him a couple of times. However it was still a shock. He was her uncles best friend and she couldn't even imagine how Remus must be feeling right now.

Her mind strayed to Harry as well. Sirius had been his godfather and the first parental figure he'd really had. She felt extremely sympathetic for him to go through this. She was in one mind to go talk to him however she decided against it as she doubted he would want to talk about it.

✰✰✰

The last days at Hogwarts we're filled with warmth and sun. McGonagall had now returned, she had to walk with a cane but other than that seemed quite well. She had been thrilled that Gryffindor won the cup and wished she had been there to see it happen.

Elle had spent the last two days saying goodbye to everyone. She hoped that she would stay in touch however she didn't know when that would be. Usually at the end of the year she would assume to see her friends in September however this year that might not be the case.

Some good news that came out were Angelina and Alicia telling the rest of the group that they were in fact in a relationship. Elle had suspected this for a while but hugged and congratulated them nevertheless.

She spend a whole afternoon outside with Kaylee and Dan as they talked about what they wanted to do when they left.
Kaylee seemed adamant on becoming an auror while Dan said he would prefer a job in the magical creatures department of the ministry.
She hugged them both goodbye and wished she'd been able to spend more time with them before the time came when they all had to leave school.