𝟔𝟗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧

Congrats you made it to chapter 69 :)

✰✰✰

Sitting with the girls was perfectly normal, as though nothing had happened in the last month to affect them at all. Katie and Lauren joined the three of them shortly into lunch and although they asked a few questions about the situation (which Elle obliged to answering) they tended to stray away from the subject and talk about something that everyone was comfortable with.

After that Elle didn't see the need to go to bed at twelve and wake up at six which definitely helped when it came to getting a better nights sleep. She hadn't realised how tired she'd been until the girls retired at ten and she fell asleep immediately on her pillow which felt like a marshmallow.

The only continuing issue was the seats by the fire. Elle's group claimed that spot which was obvious as pretty much no one else sat there. A few second years had once and later dealt with the wrath of the Weasley twins pranks. Needless to say there were a lot of canary feathers in the common room that night.

Since their group claimed those seats, the girls refused to sit anywhere else however so did the boys. The first time Elle had segregated herself back into the group it had only been the girls and Lee which was completely fine. She'd never had an issue with Lee and he laughed and talked with her casually which she appreciated.

That night, the twins came in later into the common room having had to serve a detention with Snape for pranking Filch yet again. George faltered for a moment when he saw Elle back in her rightful seat but thankfully he didn't say anything. He took his seat opposite like usual and talked to Lee while Elle laughed with Angelina.

✰✰✰

This continued or another two weeks. They didn't say anything to one another they just stayed in the group. Elle didn't hate it, after all it was much better than what she'd previously been dealing with (not that she disliked hanging out with the Ravenclaw's at all she just hated tension). However she couldn't help but think back to a few months ago when she'd been at her happiest. She wish she'd appreciated it more.

It was like a burning saddened feeling inside her, she wanted something so badly but she couldn't reverse time. Thinking about it ruined her mood, she tried to stay positive by looking ahead but then she could barely see past her lost friendship with the twins which was tearing her up inside.

Everything was manageable and that's all Elle could hope for in this time. She constantly thought back to what Angelina had said about his she predicted George was feeling. She had been so convinced George was pissed at her but she had hope that it was all a front hiding the fact that he really felt as upset as her.

✰✰✰

The brunette decided to walk to charms with Cedric on wednesday morning. It was may now which meant warmer weather and brighter mornings ultimately leaving Elle in a better mood. Cedric was still nervous about the last trial no matter how many times Elle told him he would be fine.