𝟒𝟎. 𝐛𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"Boggarts!" Lupin called from the front of the class as the fifth year Gryffindor's and Ravenclaw's huddled in the defence against the dark arts classroom. Elle had been particularly excited for her uncles first lesson and she was silently praying that he wouldn't let her down.
"I know you've already learnt about these but seeing as I have one with me, a bit of practical work won't hurt" he grinned which emitted a small cheer of agreement from the class who hated written work.
"I assume you know what boggarts are?" He promoted while standing next to a ragged wardrobe,
"Creatures that take the shape of someone's worse fear" Anna called out from the Ravenclaw side of the room,
"Correct" Lupin grinned "and I assume you all know the spell you use to counter these creatures"
"Riddikulus" Angelina stated proudly.

With that the session begun, the group all formed a line and each student stepped forward to face off against the boggart.
When Anna stepped up a swarm of flies flew out at her and began swarming around in a tight group, Anna let out a small whimper before yelling the enchantment and turning the flies into a cluster of small fireworks,
Katie faced off against a Mummy while Lee tackled a large cobra. As for Lauren, her boggart turned into herself looking tired and not put together which seemed unusually fitting.
As Angelina stepped up Elle saw a group of Gryffindor girls (not including herself) step out and they began to insult the girl profusely. Lauren and Katie seemed quite taken aback by this as they were two of the girls laughing.
When Alicia stepped forward she was faced by a stern looking woman who Elle knew from description to be the lady who looked after Alicia in the orphanage, looked after being a bad choice of phrase.

Elle was next and she stood in front of the woman now wearing a clown costume waiting for it to chance. The boggart took a second before beginning to transform. The brunette grasped her wand tightly as she prepared to shout the incantation, as the boggart finished changing forms Elle watched it merge into a tall man with greasy black hair and dark shadows under his eyes. His pupils were sunken and he had tattoos laced over his arms.

There was an audible gasp and a few screams in the room as the boggart approached Elle. She stood staring at her brother for a moment completely unsure of what to do. All of a sudden, her uncle leapt in front of her and faced the boggart himself. The brunette stumbled back as she watched Theodore Sanders transform into a image of a full moon glinting behind some clouds.

"Riddikulus" Lupin stated clearly and the moon turned into a balloon which let out a stream of air around the clasroom which seemed to lighten everyone's moods.
"Class dismissed" Lupin called which gained an audible groan from those who hadn't had their chance against the boggart yet, Elle went to pick up her books when she heard Remus' voice ring out behind her.

"Elle stay back please" he called, she looked up at the twins who seemed to be wondering whether to wait for her,
"I'll meet you at the common room" she smiled before turning back to her uncle who had concern written all over his face.
"Elle I know you're worried about Theo"