𝟓𝟖. 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"You have to tell him George or I will, it's a wonder he hasn't figured it out already" Elle hissed angrily to the twin as they walked across the grass letting the cool air hit their faces. They had a free period considering the only lessons on for sixth years currently was potions.

It was a chilling January morning and Fred was still completely unaware that his brother and best friend were at the dawn of a relationship. If he were any brighter he may have figure it out be now however he was not.

"It's too cold to be out here" George groaned as he watched his breath vapouring in front of his eyes "can't we go back to the common room?"

"I promised I'd give Kaylee my Transfigurations notes to go over and she's out here" Elle huffed, she could see the two Slytherins sitting in the distance next to a mason jar of glowing blue flames which seemed to be keeping them warm.

George just wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck as they approached.
"They mustn't feel the cold" he shivered to himself. The blonde girl noticed they were approaching and jumped up happily.

"Elle you came!" She turned to George and smiled shyly, something about Weasleys and Slytherins never seemed to mix for some reason,
"Care to join us"

"Bit cold for that" George muttered sourly, Kaylee just raised her eyebrow as Elle handed over her transfigurations notes quickly hoping to avoid an argument.

"You know you don't have to be such a git George" They left quickly while Kaylee profusely thanked Elle for her notes.
"I'm cold that's all" George continued to moan as they neared the castle entrance.

"Right so you're going to tell him now aren't you?"
"Now?" George yelled "are you absolutely mental"

"Of course I'm not, I'll sit next to you if you're too scared" Elle mimicked a baby voice and George just scowled.
"I'm not scared just concerned over how he'll react"

"We've been over this like a hundred times George he won't mind" she rolled her eyes as the warm of the castle hit them and George quickly relaxed.

"Fine I'll tell him" he grunted "but if it all goes badly then I'm blaming you"
"I don't see how it's my fault but if that makes you feel better then fine"

✰✰✰

The pair found Fred sitting alone by the fire and George quickly scuttled over to warm himself up,
"It's ruddy freezing out there" he sighed as he pulled off his Gryffindor scarf "nearly turned into an icicle".

"Will you stop exaggerating" Elle flopped onto the couch beside him. Fred just looked at them blankly. His eyes seemed distant and weirdly clouded as though his mind was somewhere else.

"You ok Freddie?" the ginger didn't respond to his brother. George leant froward and poked him square in the forehead causing him to jump,
"What was that for?"