𝟑𝟓. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Turns out that Dumbledore found the prank quite humorous which was a definite relief to the twins who had never looked so ghostly pale in their life. Since Angelina had confessed (to Elle) her feelings towards Alicia, the brunette had never seen them anywhere near each other.

She knew that Angelina was avoiding Alicia at all costs because she didn't know how to combat her emotions. However as well as that Elle knew that Angelina had noticed Alicia's weird attitudes just as Elle had. She was getting worse, barely talking to the other girls, never coming to Hogsmeade and often sitting alone in the libraryor the common room. Elle had gone from being bitter and angry to genuinely concerned about her friend but she couldn't bring herself to talk to her out of fear that it would end as awkwardly as the last time.

However Elle's friendship problems were dwarfed by the phenomenon that began to arise at Hogwarts, it all started sometime after Christmas when Elle and the twins were walking shoulder to shoulder back to the common room. They were dropped like traffic in some sort of commotion blocking the hallways.

Talk babbled in their ears but none could make out a word anyone was saying, all they knew was that something interesting had actually happened for once. Elle stood behind the twins as they shoved their way to the front of the gaggle using their height to tower above most of the first and second year Gryffindor's who giggled stupidly. As they reached the front Elle had to stare for a moment until she saw what everyone was looking at.

In the middle of the corridor stood Harry, Ron and Hermione who were currently being yelled at by the caretaker Filch. At first Elle wondered why he was being so irritable this time, that was until she noticed the stiff hanging cat on the right hand wall. It was completely still and obviously dead, Elle knew this cat to be Mrs Norris, the cat was seen as the caretakers companion and usually helped him catch students out of bed.

Above the hanging cat were letters written in what looked like blood 'the chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware'. Elle stood turned for a moment blocking out the commotion to strike fear in herself. What the hell did this message mean and why was it written in blood.

The students were soon redirected by Dumbledore and some more teachers including McGonagall who told the large group to retire to their dorms for the night and not let this matter trouble them. Elle was left in a state of confusion as she took long fast strides in attempts to keep up with the twins who happened to be a lot faster than her.

"What's the chamber of secrets?" Elle enquired to the twins, she still wasn't entirely accustomed to the magical world despite being introduced to it for almost one and a half years. The twins didn't answer right away as they kept their quickened pace, beating all of the students back to the dorms.

"We'll tell you when we get there" George muttered hurriedly. Elle knew why they were in such a rush as it had happened last year also, they wanted to get back to the common room before the rest of Gryffindor so they could sneak down into the secret room without the others noticing. It had been the same ordeal when the troll had been set loose in the school last Halloween but this didn't comfort Elle who's legs did not have the length to stride as fast as the red heads.