𝟖𝟗. 𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"TWO WEEKS OF DETENTIONS" Angelina yelled as Elle sat around the fire with her friends. As soon as Umbridge had shown up she knew there was no getting out of this one. Umbridge already hated her. Most of her friends had just felt bad for Elle for having to endure that much time with the woman. The twins were concerned as they knew exactly what took place in those detentions and Angelina was in a sour mood because that meant Elle would be missing multiple training sessions.

Elle even had detentions on the Saturday and Sunday nights which overall meant she'd be spending fourteen nights scratching words into her hand for god knows how long. She doubted Umbridge would be lenient enough to only keep her for two hours this time, after all she'd heard Harry was up there for about six. It seemed Umbridge was trying to do her best to take over the school. Having made herself high inquisitor, she was now inspecting lessons.

She would stand at the back with her clipboard and ask a bunch of ridiculous questions. So far Elle had only seen her in Charms. Flitwick hadn't seemed bothered but it had definitely ruined the mood of their usual relaxed lessons. At some point Umbridge had gone round the room asking questions. She asked Alicia how she found the charms lessons to which she replied they were great. Which was true, charms was definitely Elle's favourite lesson mainly just because she was quite good at it.

However the worst news came on Monday morning when Umbridge hung up a new school rule on the large cleared wall.
'No student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs may exist without the knowledge and approval of the high Inquisitor'
Elle's first thought was the DA. This group hadn't yet started as there hadn't been an adequate place to hold it yet however Elle knew this would not be an Umbridge approved group.

However Angelina came storming into the hall that morning absolutely raging. There were tears in her eyes and she looked furious as she paced over to the table,
"She's cancelled quidditch" Angelina yelled. Voices went quiet as discussions began. Elle hadn't considered that one of the groups Umbridge considered cancelling might be quidditch. She stared in surprise at Angelina.

"I've talked to McGonagall and I don't think she should be allowed to that that" Angelina threw herself into the seat beside Elle "needless to say McGonagall isn't happy about it"
This would be Elle's last ever year playing quidditch properly as she doubted it would be something she'd take up after school. Maybe in a few friendly games at the burrow but that definitely wasn't the same as playing proper games at Hogwarts.

✰✰✰

Angelina was extremely angry about this the rest of the day but Elle had bigger things to worry about. This day marked the start of her two weeks of detentions. They each started at seven and apparently Harry had them at the same time. She sat in the Gryffindor common room before hand feeling as though maybe this time she should have just kept her mouth shut or more accurately, her fists away. However she couldn't deal with anyone insulting her uncle that that. It drove her completely mad.