𝟔. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The next day Elle and her new group of Gryffindor friends walked cheerfully down to McGonagalls office to retrieve their time tables.
"It's way too early for this" yawned Lauren as she walked shoulder to shoulder with Elle, the morning light ebbed in through every window that they walked past and illuminated each of their faces for a mere moment.
The chattering girls walked through the door to the transfiguration teachers room and saw her sitting behind a desk dressed today in robes of a deep plum purple.

"Hello girls" she gave a welcoming smile, it was said McGonagall was always kinder to the students in Gryffindor. Elle was grateful of this as otherwise she would have been quite scared of the teacher.
She rifled through the piles of timetables she had neatly stacked on her desk until she came across the right ones for the girls,

"Miss Lupin, I'll have to have a separate word with you to explain how the extra lessons will work, Elle nodded in agreement,
"We have lessons now but we'll see you later" the girls smiled, Elle nodded sadly knowing it would be difficult to find her way round without them.
"Firstly you'll have to pick two electives... all third years need to do this and it's best you join them now otherwise you'll have more catching up to do later"
"I think I'll choose divination and care of magical creatures... if that's ok?" Elle enquired still feeling intimidated by the stern faced woman,

"That's perfectly alright yes" McGonagall added these options to Elle's full looking timetable,
"First years get the option of flying lessons however I think it best that you do a private lesson with Madame Hooch rather than joining the first years as they can be quite... chaotic" Elle felt relieved that she wouldn't have to budge up with the younger kids again... despite being so small they scared her a bit.
"Everything else is marked down on the timetable... I know it's a lot but you'll only have to take the extra lessons for the first term... your uncle ensured us that you were a fast learner"

"Yes I am" she smiled keenly and retrieved the time table from McGonagall, "thank you professor"
The brunette looked down at the timetable to see how her day was looking, her first lesson was charms with Professor Flitwick... she wondered if that was what the girls had.

✰✰✰

Elle smiled politely to McGonagall and left her office slowly wishing that she'd asked where to go. She examined her time table in an attempt to figure out where the lesson was when all of a sudden she collided with a figure walking the other way.
"Sorry" their voices collided and she looked up to see a girl her age sporting the Hufflepuff uniform,

"That was my fault I wasn't looking where I was going" Elle laughed, the girl smiled but immediately shook her head,
"Neither was I" she had a short light brown bob and large hazel eyes where a pair of clear glasses were sitting on her nose. She was the same height as Elle minus an inch or so and had a warm heart shaped face,