𝟔𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The next week was torture. Complete and utter torture. After stumbling half blind back to the common room following Elle bawling her eyes out pathetically, she was fortunate enough to not meet anyone in the common room however she was in no state to convince the girls everything was fine.

They caught on immediately having never seen Elle cry before. She wiped her tears away hastily and pretended that it wasn't as bad as it seemed.
"Just a disagreement, it'll all go back to normal before you know it"

That week proved different.

The first time she'd seen George had been at breakfast the next day. She'd taken one look at him sitting with Fred and Lee on the Gryffindor table, spun on her heel and exited leaving her stomach rumbling all morning.
It didn't get easier after that. She wasn't sure exactly what George had told his brother but the dirty looks she got from Fred suggested that whatever he had said wasn't good.

Elle felt as though she had ruined everything, thrown it all away. She hadn't thought that he becoming friends with Cedric would pose such a problem with her and George as she had never pitched the twin as a jealous type. Nonetheless it seemed she was incorrect.

Her mind thought of nothing else for the following week, as though her brain was a sponge that could only soak up the image of George in her mind.
She continuously thought back to what he had said to her. The mirror. He'd seen her in it. After all he had seemed shifty when he claimed all he saw was him winning the quidditch cup.

Previously Elle had seen a dream life for herself. Her friends surrounding her, herself coming from a magic family. However when she looked back into it all she saw was him. And it broke her.

Transfigurations was the worse. Elle had entered to see George had moved away from their regular seat meaning she didn't have to. What made the situation worse was when Cedric took the opportunity to sit next to her considering they had already been helping each other out in that subject.

As Cedric sat down next to her she greeted him normally not wanting to ruin another friendship because of this disagreement. However as she began talking to him she saw a flash of ginger and turned to see George glaring at her which made her stomach turn.

Despite this being possibly the worst week of Elle's school life, she'd made it to the end and well. Surely it could get worse right? Wrong it most definitely could. It was Friday afternoon and after being ignored by Fred for the entire of herbology, all that Elle wanted was to sit round the fire.

✰✰✰

She got to the common room after Fred as he had longer legs and could therefore stride faster. As she pushed her way up to the common room she saw immediately that all the seats around the fire were taken. All her friends were sitting there as usual but here seat had a rather large bag on it. George's bag.