𝟏𝟒𝟗. 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The hour dragged by as everyone sat around the dead wishing they were living. Day was breaking and the sky was shining a faint orange.
Hours ago Elle was happy. She couldn't remember what it had been like but she knew it was real.
The bodies had been moved to another part of the school as everyone had assumed the battle was going to continue.

Elle didn't want to go through losing anyone else but at the same time she didn't want Harry to give himself up because if he did then the world would stay gloomy and depressed.
She wanted Voldemort dead and she wanted everyone of his followers to pay.

More time passed and soon the hour was done. The entrance hall was silent as everyone waited for something to happen. The battle was surely going to continue but as Elle stared around she noticed that there was no sign of Harry anywhere.

She sat between the twins running her wand between her fingers. Elle imagined Alicia smiling while sailing on a golden ship through the sky. It made her happy to hope that her friends dream of going to never land had come true.

"They're coming" a voice yelled out and everyone jumped up immediately. George grabbed Elle's hand as they began to move to the front of the school,
"I'm not leaving your side" he spoke to her and she nodded gratefully.

The heard of death eaters were approaching them from across the bridge, a sea of black robes and snide faces. Hagrid was being dragged in tow and seemed to be carrying something in his arms.
Elle squinted as the half giant grew nearer.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD" Voldemort cried out in triumph. Screams could be heard all around as George tightened his grip on Elle's hand.
"No" she muttered.
"NOOO" the scream came from McGonagall who tried to run forwards but was pushed back.

Voldemort had placed a silencing spell on them now as he approached,
"He was killed while trying to run away... he tried to escape through the gates... he left you all to die"
The spell was broken and people were yelling at him once more. Screaming that he was lying.

"You must join me" Voldemort yelled as he recast his spell "if not you will choose to die, join me and your life will be spared.
"Draco" a voice called from the side of the death eaters. Heads turned to see the place Malfoy boy looking obviously conflicted.
"Draco come on" His mother called. The blonde slowly made his way forward.

Voldemort grinned in glee welcoming Draco to his side. Disappointment was etched over many students faces at the choice.
Another figure limped forward and Elle frowned to see that it was in fact Neville Longbottom.
"Well we have room for everyone" Voldemort laughed, his followers joined.

"And what is your name?" The snake like man continued,
"Neville Longbottom" the death eaters laughed again.
"Well I'm sure we'll be able to find space for you in one of our ranks"

"I would like to say something" Neville called out and everyone turned to face him,
"It doesn't matter that Harry's dead" many people around gasped at these words "people die everyday... what matters is that we continue what he was fighting for...we continue avenging Harry because that's what he'd want us to do"