𝟏𝟏𝟔. 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Just like the year previous, Elle spent the two days before Christmas with her parents which allowed her to spend Christmas Day with the Weasleys.
She arrived on the twenty third although she'd already been to visit her parents earlier in the week.

Since apperating was a quick and easy method of getting around, Elle had been going to see her parents a lot whenever she could. She knew they appreciated it considering how much time they'd missed with her while she'd been at Hogwarts.

Sunny (Elle's dog) greeted her immediately as she walked in the back door. Elle had taken to arriving in the back garden so not to draw attention to herself from her overly nosy neighbours.
"She's here!" Heather called as she rushed in to greet Elle "was the shop busy today?"
"It's been so busy over the last few days" Elle sighed as she took of her hat and scarf "with everyone buying Christmas presents, you know?"

Working in the shop around Christmas did have its perks, Elle had gotten all of her Christmas shopping done without even having to leave the premises. Technically she didn't have to pay for any of the items either but she did believing this was only fair.

"SAMSON" Heather suddenly yelled "Your daughters here for goodness sake" she rolled her eyes at Elle before the two walked into the living room followed by Sunny who was wagging his tail happily to have Elle home.
"How's everything been here?" Elle asked aware that it had only been a few days since she'd seen them,
"Everything's fine" Heather smiled.

Samson came striding into the room smiling gleefully,
"Elle!" He beamed as she stood up to give her father a hug "merry Christmas"
"Merry Christmas" Elle repeated.

Christmas at her home was the same as it always was. Just the three of them. It was nice, nostalgic for sure. However Elle couldn't help but feel more excited about the Christmas she would get to spend with the Weasleys.
She would be leaving the next afternoon (Christmas Eve) allowing her to spend the evening of 24th and the 25th with the family of red heads.

"How's Remus?" Samson asked, they'd finished all their Christmas celebrations now (opening presents, watching films, having dinner, making cookies) and it was only a couple of hours before Elle was planning on leaving. She was surprised it had taken her dad this long to ask about his brother but unfortunately Elle had no idea how Remus was.
"I haven't seen him in a while" Elle smiled sadly "he's doing some important work for the order"

She decided it best not to tell her parents that Remus was actually currently underground with a gang of werewolves. Neither of them were highly accustomed to the magical world and this if anything would just freak them out.
Elle had also mentioned nothing about Voldemort's return and how they'd taken Theo and may be coming after her. Of course Heather and Samson didn't actually know that their son wasn't a criminal but they wouldn't understand if Elle had tried to explain it.