𝟏𝟏𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

The months flew past like days and the hours like minutes. Working in the shop was more fun than Elle had expected (and she had already known it would be good). The chaotic ambiance, the laughs and the smiles made Elle want nothing more than to work here forever.

Of course the fun filled environment they were living didn't truly affect the world outside. Days got darker and people got more scared while Elle hid back behind the colourful shelter which was the shop. There had been more dementor attacks, more murders but no sightings of 'he who must not be named'.

The order were doing all they could to try and prevent these catastrophes. Remus had been underground with the werewolves for months and Elle hadn't seen him once which left her worried and on edge. Even Tonks had replaced her usual bright hair for a limp mousy brown which reflected the beginning of Voldemort's reign.

"How do you think it will end?" Elle asked George lightly as he played with her hair,
"I think we'll all live happily ever after" he smiled causing Elle to laugh, she loved his optimism,
"Really though... they're saying it has to be Harry... a sixteen year old boy against the darkest wizard of all time"
George sighed as he rested his head back against the pillow staring up at Elle lovingly through his dark eyes,
"We'll be fine, for now all we have to do is stay safe, remember we have Dumbledore on our side"

The name of Dumbledore had be something of hope in the hearts of many of the order members. The only one he ever feared. That's what they said. After all Dumbledore had been the one to fight of Voldemort at the ministry, at least so they'd heard.

Elle relaxed back into bed next to George. He lent over and began kissing her jawline gently, she let out a giggle as he gazed at her.
"I love you so much" George murmured as he tucked her hair behind her ear. That way he could see her better,
"I love you more" Elle smirked as their noses touched,
"Impossible" George frowned as he skated her face with his fingers, bringing her closer to him.

Their lips met and the weight of the world was gone. Nothing mattered anymore as long as they were together. Everything would be ok. As long as they were together.

✰✰✰

The beginning of school rolled around quickly and Elle met up with her old dorm friends at the leaky cauldron the day before. This was mainly to see Katie before she left to re sit her last year at the school. Originally she had seemed quite opposed to it but her mind seemed to have changed as of late.

Elle could see why, Hogwarts had always been described as the safest place one could be. The way the world looked at the moment left many people wishing that they had a little more safety.
The girls always cheered Elle up. It seemed to them the most important thing to talk about wasn't Voldemort's return but rather relationships or gossip. Which at this time was exactly what was needed.