𝟕𝟖. 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Grimmauld place was a complete and utter mess, no one was denying that. Elle had learnt that the house belonged to Sirius, it was his childhood home. He'd allowed it to be used for the order as they needed a safe place that wouldn't be suspected. The house was covered in dust on almost every surface. Molly had been encouraging everyone to help clean the place up however Fred and George seemed more involved in the development of their new skiving snack boxes.

May people traipsed through the house for the super secret meetings. Elle saw professor Snape, Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore walking through the corridor at some point. It felt weird seeing the teachers out of school, she usually just stayed upstairs out of their way but had run into them a few times. Mad eye moody also clunked through at some point. At the end of last year it had been discovered that a death eater by the name of Barty Crouch Jr had actually been using Polyjuice potion to disguise himself as Moody so Elle had never actually met the renowned auror.

The Weasley's were permanently staying at Grimmauld place for the time being to be close to the order. Remus came and went but seemed to be around a lot as did Athena Sinistra who was often there even when her sister wasn't. Sirius and Theodore stayed constantly as they were still on the run from the ministry. Elle liked the excuse to see her brother so much. Kennedy also seemed to live there permanently, she still intimidated Elle as she walked around carrying the black baseball bat. Tonks (like Remus) was there frequently but not all the time. Out of the members Elle had just met, Tonks was by far her favourite.

Tonks may be older than the kids by a few years but that didn't stop her from being a lot of fun. Ginny and Elle were often roped in by her ability to change her appearance from will. She would go through a rainbow of hair colours deciding which one suited her best (pink being her favourite). More impressively she could change aspects of her face, such as her nose and morph it into a beak and a snout. This was highly amusing to see.

✰✰✰

One morning, Elle and the twins had been roped into removing doxies from many of the rooms. Doxies were small little winged creatures that were extremely annoying. Their venom was poisonous and they tended to hide in places such as the drapes and carpets. Elle had learned about them in her care of magical creatures classes last year and therefore knew that the best way to get rid of them was by using a simple knock back jinx.

Elle was more successful at this than the twins who couldn't focus on the doxies flying around and ended up smashing a mirror into large segments.
"Repairo" Elle muttered allowing the shards of glass to come together into a mended form again. "You two break stuff even when you're not trying" Elle turned to the twins who were now playing a game of catch with an immobilised doxy.

"I'm going to get some doxicide, don't do anything stupid" Elle frowned at the two childish men before leaving the room to try and find Molly.
Doxicide was another effective way of removing the pests, it was how Ginny had been doing it all week considering she wasn't allowed to do magic outside of school.