𝟏𝟎𝟎. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐲𝐛𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐲

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

School was ,just as Elle had predicted, slowly getting worse. Umbridge was determined to make everyone's lives a living hell and seemed to rejoice in giving students detentions for the smallest things. Needles to say, Fred and George both got detention the first week back. Elle had been surprised that they lasted so long considering their usual record of pranks and misbehaving.

They came back into the common room ,once their week of detentions had been complete, looking fed up and annoyed. They'd suffered the same fate as Elle and now many other students in the school which was the slow painful hours of having words carved into skin as though it was paper.

✰✰✰

It was the end of the second week when something completely unbelievable happened. Everyone was idling into the great hall as usual to have breakfast and receive post when suddenly a hushed whisper broke out amongst the tables. Elle ,who didn't get the daily prophet, read the news over Katie's shoulder as she read it out to the rest of the group.

"Mass break out from Azkaban" Katie gasped. The front of the paper was ablaze with faces of insane criminals. All of whom were death eaters.
"Fudge claims its work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black" Lauren continued. Elle turned to the twins and rolled their eyes. The fact that ten death eaters could escape from right under the ministry's nose and they still didn't accept that Voldemort was back. Ridiculous.

Elle's eyes fixed on the only woman escapee. Her eyes were dead sunken and cold, her hair matted and nest-like but she was laughing. There was no noise emitted from the woman but it was as though Elle could hear the high pitched cackle in her mind. She took her eyes off the picture and turned back to her breakfast feeling slightly uneasy.

Studying consumed all the students lives, Elle found that her free periods could no longer be wasted. Exams were creeping up faster than she had expected and students were forced to work at every opportunity hey were given. Yet again, Elle felt relived that she had dropped defence against the dark arts considering how much work she was loaded with without it.

She found herself worrying a lot about what path she would take after school, two years ago before her Owls Elle had to sit through a careers consultation with McGonagall. Even after that she had no idea what she wanted to be. Her lack of experience with magical jobs didn't help, she'd grown up wanting to be a vet or a hairdresser however it seemed obvious now that these weren't careers that were used a lot on the magical word.

What Elle found herself dreaming about doing was working in the joke shop with the twins. They hadn't opened it yet of course but she still had an image of what it looked like in her mind. She imagined herself working with them, laughing and joking around while customers boomed through the bright colourful shop. But how realistic was this idea? Probably not very. The problem was the more she thought of this dream, the less she concentrated on studying because if that was the path she decided on, she wouldn't even be in need of exam results.