𝟔𝟔. 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Elle stared at George for a moment as though trying to read his mind. Usually when he saw her, his face broke into a smile however that was currently missing. His eyebrows were raised in a judging matter and truthfully it didn't look like George at all.

"What's up with you?" Elle muttered bleakly hoping that it wasn't anything to do with her. Although she suspected that it might be.
"You and Cedric are very close" he observed. Elle for some reason wanted to punch him in the face. She loved George of course she did but she couldn't believe how wrong he was getting this.

"Yes we're friends, he's been helping me with transfigurations" Elle shrugged annoyed by the fact that first years kept sweeping last them in the corridor,
"I could have helped you with transfigurations, you didn't tell me you were struggling" she sighed, she hadn't told George because she reason she was falling behind... was him but it wasn't really his fault she just found it difficult to concentrate in his presence.

"Yes well I've been helping him too"
"With what"
"With his nerves for the tournament, it's good to have someone to talk to" George's glower seemed to harden,
"I'm sure he has lots of people to talk to like his friends...oh and I've got an idea his girlfriend"

There was no way of getting out of this one. George was relentless and she didn't know how to explain why Cedric felt he couldn't go to them.
"Can we talk about this somewhere quieter" Elle snapped as another first year pushed past her. George nodded curtly and she followed him down the halls and into an empty classroom.

As Elle entered it she recognised it immediately. It was the same classroom where two years ago Elle had found one of her best friends petrified by a Basilisk. Right now she'd take the giant snake over this argument.

She also recognised the enchanted mirror sitting proudly in the corner. Elle knew that this showed your hearts deepest desire.
✰✰✰

"This isn't like you" Elle began and George shut the door more harshly that usual,
"What isn't like me?" He raised his eyebrows as though daring her to continue,
"Getting jealous over me having a friend" she retorted. George seemed more pissed off now. Probably not the right thing to say.

"I'm not jealous" he snapped,
"Really what are you then?"
"I... I'm... I'm betrayed" he replied dramatically,

"Betrayed? Oh shut up" Elle folded her arms snappily and hoped to god he would see sense soon,
"You could have at least told me you were having secret meeting with Diggory rather than having me find out by seeing you two... hugging" he said the last word as though it were some in spoken crime however Elle couldn't deny the truth in his earlier argument.

She hadn't told George that she'd been meeting up with Cedric because if she had she would have had to mention that she'd found him crying. Elle wasn't the best at lying or coming up with alternate excuses and she knew Cedric probably didn't want anyone else knowing about the vulnerable state he was in.